Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Used Mondeo?

Options
  • 03-05-2021 10:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭

hi folks,would a ford mondeo 2lt manual,titanium x,say a 2017 with 60,000 miles priced at 18,000,be a good buy?looking for a reliable,long lasting car,thanks,(i like the mondeo)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,387 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

That’s Passat money.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭as_mo_bhosca

sniperman wrote: »
    hi folks,would a ford mondeo 2lt manual,titanium x,say a 2017 with 60,000 miles priced at 18,000,be a good buy?looking for a reliable,long lasting car,thanks,(i like the mondeo)

Can't say anything on price. That is a great spec though. I had a 2015 and loved it. Ridiculous set up to change a light bulb though!

https://youtu.be/l9y4lrxPHS8

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭Iodine1

Solid car, very reliable, fantastic spec in the titanium model.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,144 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Seems pricey to me. The Mondeo has been discontinued now so there should be better deals on them out there.

That's about SPOT ON , assuming its an Irish ( non import) car. 18K€ is about the go of it, maybe 16.5 if private or 17 cash for NO trade in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭mondeoman2

I have a 2017 Mondeo Titianium X 2.0 Diesel(180 Bhp).
    I paid just under 18k in January With 63'000 miles.
    The Spec is Great with the X pack you get over the Titanium model Full Leather,
    Both Front Seats are Fully Electric & Heated + Drivers Seat has Memory settings.
    You get Ford Dynamic LED Headlights(Which Are Brilliant)They Are Great For Night time Driving.Rear Privacy Glass.
    I Find It Very Comfortable and Quiet,Its Also very good on Diesel.
    I Commute from Gorey to Donnybrook Every Day which costs about €14 per day for me.

Good Luck Finding a Similar spec Passat With 60'000 miles for under 18k.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭easygoing39

Neighbour has one as a taxi (diesel ),regular servicing and it's been bulletproof for him. Says it's very comfortable as he works 10 hour shift's.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

bazz26 wrote: »
    Seems pricey to me. The Mondeo has been discontinued now so there should be better deals on them out there.

Not quite yet.

They don't hold value very well at all and a well minded one should be a good used buy. Passats are in general overpriced imho.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,387 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

mondeoman2 wrote: »
    I have a 2017 Mondeo Titianium X 2.0 Diesel(180 Bhp).
    I paid just under 18k in January With 63'000 miles.
    The Spec is Great with the X pack you get over the Titanium model Full Leather,
    Both Front Seats are Fully Electric & Heated + Drivers Seat has Memory settings.
    You get Ford Dynamic LED Headlights(Which Are Brilliant)They Are Great For Night time Driving.Rear Privacy Glass.
    I Find It Very Comfortable and Quiet,Its Also very good on Diesel.
    I Commute from Gorey to Donnybrook Every Day which costs about €14 per day for me.

Good Luck Finding a Similar spec Passat With 60'000 miles for under 18k.

You won’t get one with all those extras but you’ll still get a decently specced 2018 2.0 Passat for that money.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,510 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Pity it wasn't 2 years ago you were in the market. I could have sold you a fantastic Mondeo at an incredible price.
    But as suggested above. Dynamic LED lights are a must on the Mk5 Mondeo. The standard ones are as useless as a chocolate saucepan.

• Advertisement
Advertisement