Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VRT, how accurate is it?

Options
  • 02-05-2021 5:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hi, maybe someone can advise how accurate VRT online calculator is? Got a 5k quote by entering details myself into calculator then done another one , paid VRT calculations from one of the websites that I presume can't mention because of advertisement and go quote of 6k? Is there anything else I should watch out, any fees after brexit? Thanks for any information.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Nox tax, vat etc.

If you put in correct details and exact spec then that's the price you pay, they have it inflated anyway so they get a nice chunk out of you.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 aqotis

Nox tax, vat etc.

If you put in correct details and exact spec then that's the price you pay, they have it inflated anyway so they get a nice chunk out of you.

I keep reading about VAT and not sure is the price included in VRT calculator? I don't mind paying 5k to pay for VRT since I still get a good deal out of it, but if I get slapped with VAT that's another 23% isn't?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

aqotis wrote: »
    I keep reading about VAT and not sure is the price included in VRT calculator? I don't mind paying 5k to pay for VRT since I still get a good deal out of it, but if I get slapped with VAT that's another 23% isn't?

Bring in from north, car must be from there, or brought in from the UK correctly Into the north 1st to not be hit with the extra charges....

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

aqotis wrote: »

Yes, if importing from the UK (unless it's a UK manufactured vehicle) you'll have to pay 23% VAT on top of VRT. If it's something like a Jaguar (i.e. manufactured in the UK) then no VAT is applicable.

If importing from the North and the car is either an original NI car or was imported to NI from the UK before 31.12.20 again VAT is not applicable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭TheBoyConor

Doesn't matter whether it is accurate or not. If the revenue calculator says they want X, then that is what they want from you and you can either take it or leave it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement