Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2022 Irish Gigs (Confirmed & Rumoured Events)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,918 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Royal Blood have announced a UK Arena tour for March 2022, hopefully they add a 3Arena show

Just listened to a couple of songs off the new album yesterday. Sounded great.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,173 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Stillill42 wrote: »
    Just listened to a couple of songs off the new album yesterday. Sounded great.

Yea I'm loving the new stuff, it's definitely different to the other albums but they have a great disco/dance vibe which will sound great live.

E0DldqzWUAIkb0b?format=jpg&name=medium

Still no confirmation that its back in the RDS or not? But surely the fact they say tickets are valid for the new date must mean its still in the RDS

EDIT: Ticketmaster have it as the RDS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,742 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Metronomy playing Olympia next year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,826 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

A Lazarus Soul play Button Factory next February https://twitter.com/alazarussoul/status/1387678068165185536?s=19

Dropkick Murphys playing the 3Arena Feb 18th

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,673 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Dropkick Murphys playing the 3Arena Feb 18th

That's a huge venue for them. I know they played there before supporting the Pogues, but it's some step up from the Ambassador/Academy/Vicar St considering the new album and last couple aren't exactly best sellers.

The Interrupers supporting are an interesting choice.

That's a huge venue for them. I know they played there before supporting the Pogues, but it's some step up from the Ambassador/Academy/Vicar St considering the new album and last couple aren't exactly best sellers.

The Interrupers supporting are an interesting choice.

Yea bit of a surprise they are doing Arenas but ill be picking up a ticket either way, havent seen them in about 10 years ago in the Olympia (which was unreal) so id say it will be a good gig plus its on a Friday which may help sales a small bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 202 ✭✭ts_editor

Interrupters are fantastic live.

Presale on now:
    Belfast
    £40

Dublin
    €47.95

Code: DKM2022

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭ArtSmart

Stillill42 wrote: »
    Yeah, the continued reluctance to back up the positive Summer vibes with some form of indemnity scheme tells it's own story. Bad news for all of us.
    Eod100 wrote: »
    Guess cost would be very high so even if chance is slim its still a gamble. But not sure why government are talking up a summer when of festivals when insurance is one of the biggest logistical hurdles and in their control.
    The Nal wrote: »
    Its the main hurdle really. Set up, get the bands and all the vendors and the police and medical etc and then a week before we go into lockdown again. Would bankrupt most festivals.
    The solution they've implemented, either by mistake or intentionally, is the (unknown %)grants (Perf Grants Covid) they've offered promoters to cover most costs. But of course, the promoter would need an incentive, more than just breaking even, to put on a show, so costs alone are not enough (and possibly its only a PERCENTAGE of costs) . They would need a profit (especially if only receiving a % of costs) of some kind, hence the govt WILL HAVE TO ALLOW SHOWS THIS SUMMER, but with a % of capacity.

For those who say "wow, free money to the promoter, think of it this way. While all other similar industries, very much including VENUE OWNERS, received different overhead financial supports (i.e expenses or benefits eg, no rates or whatever it may be(ie, other than the wages subsidies) self employed or freelance promoters, musicians, tech folk, dancers, actors, performance arts in general, received NOTHING, other than the wage subsides or PUP. Specific projects here and there may have, but not the industry as a whole.

ETA: I'm making it a comparison to other self employed folks, in different businesses, like retail or, well everything not art) which due to their nature, happen to be in one place (are paying rates to qualify) who are receiving aid, because they are seen as "real businesses," not like those layabout arty types.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,925 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Dropkick Murphys gig would be a laugh id say

No bother picking up tickets id say closer to the event if it happens

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭Dickie10

i would take nightclubs and smaller venues open first before festivals. Any word on nightclubs ? i heard leo varadker mention normality in August surely that means the club scene opening?

Mountcharles being interviewed on RTE radio 1 now. Its been in news before but says he is hoping for 2 shows at Slane next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭pottokblue

Couldnt find a wishlist thread but I'd love if Mdou Moctar comes and plays in the summer of 22

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,852 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Was looking forward to seeing Jimmy Carr in Castlebar or Sligo in October/November (not many acts I'd care to see venture out west) but seemingly his Irish tour has been moved to next May. Was this really necessary? Surely we'll be well clear of the woods in 5/6 months?:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Was looking forward to seeing Jimmy Carr in Castlebar or Sligo in October/November (not many acts I'd care to see venture out west) but seemingly his Irish tour has been moved to next May. Was this really necessary? Surely we'll be well clear of the woods in 5/6 months?:confused:
    He has lots of UK dates which have been moved to Oct-Dec (most originally from autumn/winter 2020, but some from around now too).
    A few seem to have been cancelled outright too. Moving so many dates is a logistically nightmare as some venues may already be booked for other acts on random dates, and it makes no sense to be criss-crossing the country every few days.

https://www.overdrive.ie/less-than-jake-announce-their-returns-to-ireland-details-here/

Less Than Jake

29th March- Voodoo Lounge Dublin
    30th March- Limelight 2 Belfast

Happy with this, its a bit freaky that I only got back listening to them 2 weeks ago

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 202 ✭✭ts_editor

E17JPJlX0AIGXAJ?format=jpg&name=900x900
    On sale Fri 28th May

Billie Eilish for the 3Arena 4th & 5th of June 2022

How's the Voodoo Lounge ??

Heard of the it no idea what it's like or where it is ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭Thrashssacre

PTH2009 wrote: »
    How's the Voodoo Lounge ??

Heard of the it no idea what it's like or where it is ?

Sh1te, been to countless metal gigs there over the years it's by far my least favourite venue in Dublin.

Sh1te, been to countless metal gigs there over the years it's by far my least favourite venue in Dublin.

Ah sure i suppose it will do for Less Than Jake

Should be good craic

Ah sure i suppose it will do for Less Than Jake

Should be good craic

It's grand for what it is, a cheep enough room to rent for gigs, it's deceptively big inside but you'd probably wanna hope it doesn't sell well the place turn's into an absolute sweatbox when full. black walls,no windows and the door is as far away from the stage as possible and will likely be shut. Sound is by hit or miss depending on who sets is up can be anywhere between okay and truely awful bordering inaudible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,387 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Yeah a very unappealing venue for sure a kip, easy to get to though 10-15 mins walk from O' Connell bridge along the quays or/ just around the corner from the Smithfield luas stop.

Don't recall issues with sound any of the multiple shows so it has does have that going for it I guess, have they not gotten rid of that pillar in the centre still?

I see Evergrey are down to play there in October.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,289 ✭✭✭fafy

ts_editor wrote: »
    E17JPJlX0AIGXAJ?format=jpg&name=900x900
    On sale Fri 28th May

We must be getting back to normal !, 3 pre-sales for this:

Wednesday 9am - album purchasers presale
    Wednesday 9am - Three Presale
    Thursday 9am - MCD Presale

Yeah a very unappealing venue for sure a kip, easy to get to though 10-15 mins walk from O' Connell bridge along the quays or/ just around the corner from the Smithfield luas stop.

Don't recall issues with sound any of the multiple shows so it has does have that going for it I guess, have they not gotten rid of that pillar in the centre still?

I see Evergrey are down to play there in October.

Was there last time I was in for gig so I'd image its still there.

Future Islands playing Belfast and Dublin in March. https://twitter.com/foggynotions/status/1396828911758155776?s=19

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,511 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Future Islands playing Belfast and Dublin in March. https://twitter.com/foggynotions/status/1396828911758155776?s=19

Got my presale tickets today. Mother of God, can't wait for it.

Vicar Street is the perfect venue for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,891 ✭✭✭Zardoz

A pity they aren't playing the Opera House in Cork again, that was some gig.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,966 ✭✭✭billyhead

So I presume there good live? I don't know many of their songs apart from seasons change.

• Advertisement

2022 looking good for me so far (touch wood), real travel back to my teens

29th March- Less Than Jake- Voodoo Lounge
    24th May- My Chemical Romance- Kilmainham Hospital
    27th June- Hella Mega Tour RDS

Is presale through their site? Only saw them at a festival once, think EP but ya say Vicar St would be pretty class!

billyhead wrote: »
    So I presume there good live? I don't know many of their songs apart from seasons change.
    Is presale through their site? Only saw them at a festival once, think EP but ya say Vicar St would be pretty class!

https://www.ticketmaster.ie/future-islands-dublin-28-03-2022/event/18005AB3E8402180?did=elaserp

Code is OUTINSP4CE

They are one of the best bands live going. Have seen them three times before in Dublin and if I saw them once a year, it still wouldn't be enough. Sam Herrings energy on stage is unique and mesmerising. Would highly recommend them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭Dickie10

well there be ANY gigs in ireland in 2021? or is it all gone? will there be small gigs even in vicar st? even coppers would do at this stage.......

Dickie10 wrote: »
    well there be ANY gigs in ireland in 2021? or is it all gone? will there be small gigs even in vicar st? even coppers would do at this stage.......

Really really hoping there will be as I have a few from September onwards but my confidence is lower as each weeks goes by as the health officials are so cautious about mass gatherings

Let's hope we have an idea will be given this week

Dickie10 wrote: »

Talk of test indoor and outdoor gigs in June and July. Hopefully means some outdoor gigs can happen in summer and indoor in autumn say. Unclear how big gigs will be yet but it's something at least.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,870 ✭✭✭hynesie08

hynesie08 wrote: »

Very surprised they didn't include a 3Arena date this time round. Looking at the schedule hard to see them fitting Dublin for logistical reasons because it could mean 3 shows in a row

Saw them in 2017 there and then in Marlay Park the year after both great nights

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,891 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Very surprised they didn't include a 3Arena date this time round. Looking at the schedule hard to see them fitting Dublin for logistical reasons because it could mean 3 shows in a row

I think it could be due to the stage layout, there seems to be a bit of a runway .
    They were able to shorten the runway the last time to fit the stage in but perhaps its not feasible on this tour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,289 ✭✭✭fafy

Zardoz wrote: »
    A pity they aren't playing the Opera House in Cork again, that was some gig.

Yes indeed, was at this one, really good

Zardoz wrote: »
    I think it could be due to the stage layout, there seems to be a bit of a runway .
    They were able to shorten the runway the last time to fit the stage in but perhaps its not feasible on this tour.

Yeah that could be the reason. Whoever decided to build the 3Arena the way they made a little booboo as the Arena has missed out on some good tours because of the layout. The Hydro in Glasgow is a perfect example of how a round venue can work

It does look a pretty impressive stage layout

https://www.livedesignonline.com/special-report/renderings-for-queen-adam-lambert-rhapsody-tour

Future Islands sold out and announced a second night on the 29th of March.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,695 ✭✭✭Lisha

Billie Eilish for the 3Arena 4th & 5th of June 2022

Has anyone tried to buy Billie eilish tickets using 3presale please? I have code but I can’t manage to buy tickets, any help appreciated

192913134_10158899556501077_1840573896446701863_n.jpg?_nc_cat=108&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=YwM9qUv3AfIAX8vNsqd&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&oh=d13b66691c71e736d7bbc4f042a580c1&oe=60D72D9B

• Advertisement

I wonder will there be many'new tours' announced or will bands wait til 2023

the 2022 market is saturated with reschedules from 2020/2021

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 731 ✭✭✭jimbob_jones

Hi Folks,

If anyone has a pre-sale code for Anne-Marie at the Three arena, I would really appreciate it.

I have one of my daughters bending my ear to make sure we get tickets for it

Cheers,
    James

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 731 ✭✭✭jimbob_jones

Thanks EOD for the presale code. !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭lc180

Cloud Nothings playing Whelans on Saturday March 26th.

https://www.facebook.com/377818032249268/posts/4311349882229377/

Overdrive have a big gig announcement tomorrow at 10am

AC/DC Slane its happening

• Advertisement
Advertisement