Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but we know where we are? (Part whatever)

Options

Comments

Sitting up in the bed with coffee and my new favourite website, tattle.life. it's pure evil! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,855 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

I want a recliner!

Aren't you in luck , six of the chairs recline :p

The rest of us will sit on non recliners and watch......
    The sun setting :p

• Registered Users Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Spent 10 minutes watching a red squirrel in the woods :) Nature is beautiful :)

Watching Punchestown now and most say Colm Quinn is plastered everywhere :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,068 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

On my 3rd schedule change for today, so knackered before I even leave the hotel. So not totally sure where I’m going tonight nor which city I will sleep in :):)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,631 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Met a friend in the Phoenix Park earlier - had a good natter and a long walk.
    Beautiful day today - feels like Summer is really getting started. :)

Building a LEGO set now that I started ages ago but didn’t get to finish.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,076 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

JupiterKid wrote: »
    Met a friend in the Phoenix Park earlier - had a good natter and a long walk.
    Beautiful day today - feels like Summer is really getting started. :)

Building a LEGO set now that I started ages ago but didn’t get to finish.
    It's funny the way the weather seems to be different in different parts of the country. Here, I'm about to light the fire because it's horribly cold and looks like rain.
    Yesterday was smashing here while I heard other people say they had rain.

To thine own self be true

After a most unfortunate encounter in Tesco I have "taken to the bed".

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

What happened!?

Sardonicat wrote: »
    What happened!?

I saw someone who used to mean a lot to me. He still does. His girlfriend hates me. Loads of stuff happened. None of us in the right or handled things well.

I said hello and it was horrible. He couldn't have been less pleased to see me. His gf was with him and she rolled her eyes and walked away. 8 years on and she still feels that way. I kept talking "oh hi, what brings you here..". He was like "eh I better go".

Just. Stupid smiley needy head on me. I used to wonder how you could love someone who was no longer in your life but then he left mine. It's like a familial bond that I feel. The brother I never had. He used to call me his little sister. God knows I wasn't easy to be around then.

Sure lookit.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,852 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Work trundle stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

Oh Dear :(

Just finishing off a coffee - blame Porklife :P
    ( Porklife posted about a nice coffee made with her Aeropress so I just had to make one from my Aeropress :) )

0lddog wrote: »

I am sorry but you cant just leave us in suspense like this

No, Really.

You cant

Exactly this.

We need to know :D

( Porklife posted about a nice coffee made with her Aeropress so I just had to make one from my Aeropress :) )

See above :p

See above :p

Maybe your comment "what brings you here?" scared him off?!
    :p
    Ah, that sucks though..
    Speaking of coffee, Mam how's your new machine? I never bought one.

Maybe your comment "what brings you here?" scared him off?!
    :p
    Ah, that sucks though..

Do you know something but I'm a divil for doing the running when it comes to friendships. I'm better than I used to be but I'll be taking a step back with one or two from now on.

Do you know something but I'm a divil for doing the running when it comes to friendships. I'm better than I used to be but I'll be taking a step back with one or two from now on.
    I can relate to that too and it is only as im getting older I'm taking steps back myself.

:confused:

Mam bought a new machine ? ( must keep up in future:( )

What does it do ?

smurfjed wrote: »
    On my 3rd schedule change for today, so knackered before I even leave the hotel. So not totally sure where I’m going tonight nor which city I will sleep in :):)

Must be 9 or 10 at night with you ? pretty rotten that the working day is only starting for you. How do you do it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

There's nothing needy about being open to friendship and a warm exchange, Perse. It sounds to me like he felt he had to keep the missus happy. That stings with male friends, I know. Try not to take it as a reflection on you, then or now. Its probably about yo do with his current relationship- not your circus, not your monkeys

• Registered Users Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

I saw someone who used to mean a lot to me. He still does. His girlfriend hates me. Loads of stuff happened. None of us in the right or handled things well.

I said hello and it was horrible. He couldn't have been less pleased to see me. His gf was with him and she rolled her eyes and walked away. 8 years on and she still feels that way. I kept talking "oh hi, what brings you here..". He was like "eh I better go".

Just. Stupid smiley needy head on me. I used to wonder how you could love someone who was no longer in your life but then he left mine. It's like a familial bond that I feel. The brother I never had. He used to call me his little sister. God knows I wasn't easy to be around then.

Sure lookit.

A big booby hug to you Diamonds (hugs) Some people are just gob****es and don’t know a great diamond when they see one :) And they stay stuck in the past and not move on

I’m now gardenside enjoying the evening sun while listening to the birds :) oh and a snoring Alfie :D

:confused:

Mam bought a new machine ? ( must keep up in future:( )

What does it do ?

It's a Rejuvenating Machine!
    Contains all the essentials, hot water for cleansing , caffeine for that boosting lift (Dolce Gusto!)

About to open a nail parlour here for a munchkin .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,113 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

So in the space of a few weeks, my Dad has had a covid vax, covid test and a new Hip. Op was this afternoon. Job done and our chat was all about todays Guineas result and Katie Taylors fight tonight. Normal service has resumed.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

Copycat...or should that be copydog :p

Sardonicat wrote: »
    There's nothing needy about being open to friendship and a warm exchange, Perse. It sounds to me like he felt he had to keep the missus happy. That stings with male friends, I know. Try not to take it as a reflection on you, then or now. Its probably about yo do with his current relationship- not your circus, not your monkeys

Thanks Sardicat. That's it exactly and I do understand it. Funny auld dynamic back in the day.

I'm right as rain again :)

And thank you too Auto even though we were handbags at dawn last night :pac:

Thanks Sardicat. That's it exactly and I do understand it. Funny auld dynamic back in the day.

I'm right as rain again :)

And thank you too Auto even though we were handbags at dawn last night :pac:

What's this about handbags and dawn?? Were ye over the border on a wild night out??
    Mam, I hope you are a professional manicurist :) All the bells and whistles!!
    I just sold my item, jeez the guy was eyeing up my car boot telling me the item would have fit and I could have met him at a neutral place! He's planning on upcycling my item and making a profit on it so I've no sympathy for him!

Grandeeod, onwards and upwards for your Dad , great he is this side of the operation now !

I often find its other people's insecurities that determine how they act sometimes , if that makes sense .

Beautifying in the parlour here.,

• Registered Users Posts: 12,113 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Grandeeod, onwards and upwards for your Dad , great he is this side of the operation now !

I often find its other people's insecurities that determine how they act sometimes , if that makes sense .

Cheers Mam! He's happy out after all the stress.

On your other point about insecurities, I get what you're saying Mam. Ms G hates the term snowflake, but understands what it means rightly or wrongly. She's only 13 and we already call her a hailstone. She's that tough. Big bad world out there. Get them ready.:D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Deskside watching the Kangaroo! The Sequel - Reveal thread, I'm doing amazingly!!!!
    not
    spent the with two of favorite small people in a new park in ringaskiddy, fun day was had running around after a three year old :D.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭The Inbetween is mine

Mam of 4 wrote: »

I'm next in the queue, Mam. French mani and pedi please!

• Advertisement

And the munchkin is fast asleep!
    It's funny , she'll snuggle over , look up and say I'm going asleep now Nan night night , and off she goes :pac:

Yes folks , exciting Saturday night here :)

Advertisement