Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Now TV - latest deal codes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭eclipsechaser

Subscribe to the sports extra pack only.

Thanks. I needed to click one page further than I had. The website originally made it look like I needed to get Sky Sports first.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭mel123

Sorry to ask such a basic question.

Is there any way to watch BT Sport without having to subscribe to Sky Sports? I don't want it for the year - just for the Champions Cup Rugby (3 weekends but over 2 months).

Not sure if this info is of any use to your decision, know little about rugby :-)

Small writing down the end of offer says this:

Premier Sports do not have broadcasting rights for PRO 14 Rugby in Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 43 onetwofourthree

Sorry to ask such a basic question.

Is there any way to watch BT Sport without having to subscribe to Sky Sports? I don't want it for the year - just for the Champions Cup Rugby (3 weekends but over 2 months).

you could just get one or two of these lads too.

https://powercity.ie/product/4002169

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,405 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

you could just get one or two of these lads too.

https://powercity.ie/product/4002169

Do you have to sign up with a new account to get the 1 month Sports free each time? Or does the box just include a unique code or something that you can apply against and existing account?

• Registered Users Posts: 43 onetwofourthree

spockety wrote: »
    Do you have to sign up with a new account to get the 1 month Sports free each time? Or does the box just include a unique code or something that you can apply against and existing account?

Eh, it's the latter. You plug the stick in at the back of your TV, follow the instructions and then confirm your existing NowTV account with a code via phone/computer, which, in layman's terms, links the NowTV stick pass to your existing NowTV account. You will then see the pass added to your existing NowTV account. (I suppose if you don't have an existing NowTV account, it will ask you to set one up?).

I had the same queries you did before purchasing, but it's pretty nifty / easy to use. Just remember that, once the stick pass is up, it will roll on for another month's subs, paid via the card linked to your NowTV account, so make sure to cancel in advance of the stick pass expiring.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭Spn744

I've had various nefarious ways of getting sports in the past and I just pay for Now TV these days. There's pretty much always an offer on and I'm willing to pay the €30 a month for the convenience of it. I can take out my phone or iPad and be watching a game in seconds anywhere I want, I share my account with my parents too and they can watch at the same time as me.

My only gripe with it really would be the lack of 1080p, it's criminal they charge extra for this in the UK and just downright bizarre they don't even offer it in Ireland. Also you can't watch on an iPad plugged into a TV, the exact same thing on my MacBook works fine. Why the hell have they made that decision? I'm paying for the service and am allowed watch on a big screen, it's not the sky sports mobile package. I take my iPad with me when traveling so it's a pain I can plug that into a TV to watch films but not sports.

The biggest problem for me with Now TV is the lack of feature to pause live sports or watch a full match just after the event is over (recording feature as such) if I’m working or looking after my child when a match is on the above is invaluable! If it wasn’t for these missing I would happily pay for now TV!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

Spn744 wrote: »
    The biggest problem for me with Now TV is the lack of feature to pause live sports or watch a full match just after the event is over (recording feature as such) if I’m working or looking after my child when a match is on the above is invaluable! If it wasn’t for these missing I would happily pay for now TV!

Ssports is excellent for having all matches available on catch up immediately after the game ends, only costs €2 ish a month

• Registered Users Posts: 3,715 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Anyone having trouble getting into the My Membership section of the site to cancel? I'm getting a constant spinning wheel saying 'Hold on a sec'. I've tried in a couple of different browsers with the same result.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭alastair_doom

Doodah7 wrote: »
    Anyone having trouble getting into the My Membership section of the site to cancel? I'm getting a constant spinning wheel saying 'Hold on a sec'. I've tried in a couple of different browsers with the same result.

Haven't tried clicking the cancel button therein, but I can get to the following membership details page without issues:

https://www.nowtv.com/ie/account/membership

Did you try incognito mode? If that doesnt work, see if you can get to this page and remove your payment details:

https://www.nowtv.com/ie/account/payment-details

• Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

The 50% off sky sports pass for 3 months: can you just do one month and then cancel ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭dirtyden

The 50% off sky sports pass for 3 months: can you just do one month and then cancel ?

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭Dingaan

NOW TV 1 Month Entertainment and Sky Cinema Membership Code available on Bord Gais rewards.

NOWACADAW21PYW
    3 months sky cinema for €15

• Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭mel123

any sports offers? I cancelled and they never offered me a discount to stay

• Registered Users Posts: 7,315 ✭✭✭naughto

mel123 wrote: »
    any sports offers? I cancelled and they never offered me a discount to stay

Is this still working from a previous poster

NOWSMMMAST23
    2 months sky sports for €30

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭roverjoyce

Now TV Stick with with 1 month pass for Sky sports & Sports Extra only €30 in DID & Harvey Norman
    Wont' get better value than that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭Zimmerframe

roverjoyce wrote: »
    Now TV Stick with with 1 month pass for Sky sports & Sports Extra only €30 in DID & Harvey Norman
    Wont' get better value than that

Yeah, that's what I always use, it seems to be permanently that price in Harvey Norman, same price in Tesco now too. I always keep about 3 stockpiled.
    Great thing about this way, is once your month has expired, if there is a week or two where nothing interests you, then you don't need to activate your next stick until you are ready to watch something.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Doomofman

Even the sticks are up at 50/60 quid at the moment. Hopefully a new offer hits at the start of May

Edit: Just went to cancel my Sports and Extra memberships, chose the I Can't Afford It option for both (though it was an extra click through before it appeared for the extra pack) and got 3 month discounts for both

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭KGLady

Nigzcurran wrote: »
    NOWACADAW21PYW
    3 months sky cinema for €15

Thanks for sharing this code, going to be great value for the kids over the summer holidays.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭dirtyden

naughto wrote: »

NOWSMMMAST23

This still worked for me. Will cover end of football season, and a bit of formula one, some of GAA.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭Citizenpain

naughto wrote: »

NOWSMMMAST23

Yes , stacked it on my existing pass last night

• Registered Users Posts: 8,936 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Just got 3 months Sports Extra for €30 via email. There's probably nothing worth watching on it over the summer but mine was about to expire anyway and I was going to take one month for €17 to see out the football season so why not.

SPXMFYXPZMEQBA
    3 months sports extra pack for €30

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭fawlty towers

Is the sky sports on demand free to watch when you have the sky sports package?

Is the sky sports on demand free to watch when you have the sky sports package?

Unfortunately not, there is a thread in bargain alerts for getting ssport + which is about €2 a month and let’s you watch all the games on catch up

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭redoctober

Unfortunately not, there is a thread in bargain alerts for getting ssport + which is about €2 a month and let’s you watch all the games on catch up

I've got the sky sports pack on now tv and have access to on demand. Got the €30 two month deal.

redoctober wrote: »
    I've got the sky sports pack on now tv and have access to on demand. Got the €30 two month deal.

Really? Sorry I never noticed it on mine, how do you access it?

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Is there any current Entertainment codes doing the rounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Darwin

SPXMFYXPZMEQBA

Thanks for that. Any idea when it might expire? My current offer runs to June 18th, but if I use this code now it commences straightaway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Buttynic

SPXMFYXPZMEQBA

Am new to Now TV, how do I avail of this ? I cant see where to put a code.

Thanks

Advertisement