Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Rainwater Harvesting system

Options
  • 29-04-2021 9:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,343 ✭✭✭

Anyone got recommendation for a simple rainwater harvesting system?

Works starting on site for demolishing old shed next week and while we have machinery on-site i want to install one under where we will be putting down paving after the new shed is built.

3000L+

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,193 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

What demand have you got for the water?
    What roof area?
    The main thing is to insure its well weighted down if there as many risk of the water table rising while its part empty

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,343 ✭✭✭beggars_bush

What demand have you got for the water?
    What roof area?
    The main thing is to insure its well weighted down if there as many risk of the water table rising while its part empty

Zero risk of water table rising here
    The water demand will be toilets, gardening and agricultural use in the future
    Roof area of 40m sq

Zero risk of water table rising here
    The water demand will be toilets, gardening and agricultural use in the future
    Roof area of 40m sq

get rain fall from met.ie
    you can assume 1500 l/m2 as a good average.
    However with agri use, I would go with a big tank, say 20,000 litres

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Stihl waters

A concrete tank poured in-situ would probably your best bet, anything agricultural use usually uses a lot of water

Future agriculture use is probably just water for animals on c 12 acres, not a huge demand
    I was thinking a 5000L tank with inbuilt pump etc was the way to go

• Advertisement

Future agriculture use is probably just water for animals on c 12 acres, not a huge demand
    I was thinking a 5000L tank with inbuilt pump etc was the way to go

I wouldn't be using this stuff on animals, unless its properly filtered going in and UV'd on the way out.
    It can get pretty stink, especially if not cared for

I wouldn't be using this stuff on animals, unless its properly filtered going in and UV'd on the way out.
    It can get pretty stink, especially if not cared for

Interesting
    Something like this
    https://rainwaterharvestingsystemsireland.com/product/flat-tank-rainwater-harvesting-system-5000l-with-mains-back-up-duk2-11/

Advertisement