Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Looking for a good mouse? Check this out.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,682 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Just a heads up if anyone runs into the notorious cable issue with the Glorious Model O an O- .
    The cable connection loses connection after a while, happened to me so i sent back to overclockers, they guaranteed me the newer mouse with the ascended cable which fixes the issue.
    Sadly they sent me one of the older model but in the new Ascended box, scummy move for sure as it was clear the mouse was used too.
    They refused to send me the Ascended version so after much discussion i decided to keep it knowing full well it would end up the same as the last one.
    The inevitable happened after about 5 months but they refused to pay shipping returns again for RMA same as with the first mouse so i told them where to go.
    Meanwhile i had contacted Glorious who request a video of the issue and serial number they sent me on a new Ascended cable and video on how to install which was very easy, totally FREE.

Doubt ill buy from ocuk again, 15+ years buying from there.

9ADGwpL.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Yeah, OcUK are fine until you have an issue with a purchase, and then I've found them awful. I hoped they'd improve under CaseKing, but they seem to be getting worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,694 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

https://twitter.com/ROCCAT/status/1310919758305325057

30eur for the Core, 60eur for Pro.

Might get the latter to compare to my Kain 122.

Also you should all check this tool:
    https://gearsearch.gg/shape

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Any experience of the Logitech G640 or Corsair MM250 mats here by any chance?

New desk on the way which means more space for a larger pad so looking at something new. I've had a few QcKs over the years and really liked them and more recently I've been using a CM Swift-RX whose surface I've enjoyed but the stitched edge bothers me.

It's this latter reason why I'm leaning toward discounting the Zowie G-SR from the list so it's likely one of the two above or just a QcK+.

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/ROCCAT/status/1310919758305325057

30eur for the Core, 60eur for Pro.

Might get the latter to compare to my Kain 122.

Also you should all check this tool:
    https://gearsearch.gg/shape

Was thinking the same. Love the shape of my Kain, but would be nicer to have it a bit lighter.

• Advertisement

RJN is now designing his own mouse, in collaboration with an as of yet unnamed company.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,076 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

For me it's MS Intellimouse, before the recent reintroduction it got to the stage where I was seriously considering spending €300 plus on older models of it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,065 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

For me it's MS Intellimouse, before the recent reintroduction it got to the stage where I was seriously considering spending €300 plus on older models of it.

They go for that much?? Pretty sure I have mine sitting in a drawer somewhere, great mouse they were. I've tried several Logitech and Razer mice since but settled on the Endgame Gear XM1 - nice and light like the Intellimouse but feels better again - by far the most comfortable mouse I've ever used.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭lmimmfn

Mr Crispy wrote: »
    Yeah, OcUK are fine until you have an issue with a purchase, and then I've found them awful. I hoped they'd improve under CaseKing, but they seem to be getting worse.
    Didnt realise tht OC's changed, i haven't used them in years but were fantastic back in 2008 when i had a mobo that wouldnt POST and they cross posted a new one(i asked for different mobo and paid the difference ) before receiving the one i sent them.

Disappointing that they're not great now but i suppose with brexit anyway it wont matter much.

lmimmfn wrote: »
    Didnt realise tht OC's changed, i haven't used them in years but were fantastic back in 2008 when i had a mobo that wouldnt POST and they cross posted a new one(i asked for different mobo and paid the difference ) before receiving the one i sent them.

Disappointing that they're not great now but i suppose with brexit anyway it wont matter much.

Oh, I've spent a few grand with them over the years, but they've gone downhill recently (in my experience anyway).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,076 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Andrew76 wrote: »
    They go for that much?? Pretty sure I have mine sitting in a drawer somewhere, great mouse they were. I've tried several Logitech and Razer mice since but settled on the Endgame Gear XM1 - nice and light like the Intellimouse but feels better again - by far the most comfortable mouse I've ever used.

Yes on Ebay and Amazon they did. I bought 2 new about 10 years ago and when the last gave up the ghost tried to source another and that's the price they were going. Wouldn't mind but when I bought the last batch from someone in Ireland they were offloading them for €15/20 a go.

I bought a Model O Wireless to tide me over until the XM1 Wireless. XM1 is definitely the best mouse i've used. Just don't like cables.

Mr Crispy wrote: »
    RJN is now designing his own mouse, in collaboration with an as of yet unnamed company.

The reveal;

• Registered Users Posts: 17,865 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Errrr... didnt he say it was supposed to be a completely new design?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,682 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Its going to be hard to trust his reviews now :P

The problem with any mouse review is that, selfishly, they use their hand!

I see gearsearch.gg is no longer a thing, which is a damn shame as it was great for comparing mouse size and shape. Does anyone know of any similar resources?

I'm sure Rocket Jump Ninja has all the comparisons you need on his site.

I'm sure Rocket Jump Ninja has all the comparisons you need on his site.

Nope.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭D

A few months ago, I needed a new mouse after a quick search I ended up with the G305. I'm very satisfied with it.
    Initially I thought it was back heavy, due to the battery location but I've adapted and don't even notice the weight.

Only thing that I would look out for if I was getting a new one is the fact I would prefer for the right-hand-side rear to be slightly lower (think 4 and 5 o'clock).

• Advertisement

Razer Viper Ultimate FTW !!!

Grahamer72 wrote: »
    Razer Viper Ultimate FTW !!!
    As a matter of interest, do you find yourself accidentally hitting the right side mouse buttons when gripping the mouse?

Thinking about moving to a wireless mouse setup at home and while the Deathadder V2 Pro would be a straight-swap, it looks like the Viper may actually be a better size for my hand and grip type. The DAs have an ergonomic shape though, hence only have buttons on the left side which I never touch with the way I hold the mouse.

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭GHOST MGG

my g502 died the other day..im in need of a replacement..i have big hands..any suggestions fellas?

GHOST MGG wrote: »
    my g502 died the other day..im in need of a replacement..i have big hands..any suggestions fellas?

Best bet is to start at RJN's website. Should narrow you down to a few recommendations.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

gizmo wrote: »
    As a matter of interest, do you find yourself accidentally hitting the right side mouse buttons when gripping the mouse?

Thinking about moving to a wireless mouse setup at home and while the Deathadder V2 Pro would be a straight-swap, it looks like the Viper may actually be a better size for my hand and grip type. The DAs have an ergonomic shape though, hence only have buttons on the left side which I never touch with the way I hold the mouse.

I swapped from the logi g903. To directly answer your question no you should really be able to click them and they're unassigned anyway by default.

My biggest gripe about the mouse is the DPI switch button is under the mouse. I tend to play 800 in game and 1600 on dual screen desktop so it's irksome. Although.... I've just wondered can that be assigned to the side buttons I don't use.... I must go look....

EDIT: OMG you can.... well that's handy!

I swapped from the logi g903. To directly answer your question no you should really be able to click them and they're unassigned anyway by default.

My biggest gripe about the mouse is the DPI switch button is under the mouse. I tend to play 800 in game and 1600 on dual screen desktop so it's irksome. Although.... I've just wondered can that be assigned to the side buttons I don't use.... I must go look....

EDIT: OMG you can.... well that's handy!
    Excellent, cheers man.

Not just to sit and stare at the Amazon page until the version with the docking station comes back down in price.

Excellent, cheers man.

Not just to sit and stare at the Amazon page until the version with the docking station comes back down in price.

I just bought the mouse only version. It was too good a price on amazon at the time to be bothered waiting for the dock which would just take up room on the desk anyway. The cable it comes with is great, super light and flexible.

I just bought the mouse only version. It was too good a price on amazon at the time to be bothered waiting for the dock which would just take up room on the desk anyway. The cable it comes with is great, super light and flexible.
    The kicker is that it was cheaper than the standard version for half of the last month, just not the half I was thinking about buying a mouse. The difference is only twenty quid now like, it's just that it brings it over that £100 threshold which is a bit of a mental barrier for me when it comes to a mouse purchase.

I've actually moved on to the G Pro X Superlight but didn't have an issue with the side buttons on the Viper.

G Pro X Superlight FTW!!! :pac:

• Advertisement

The kicker is that it was cheaper than the standard version for half of the last month, just not the half I was thinking about buying a mouse. The difference is only twenty quid now like, it's just that it brings it over that £100 threshold which is a bit of a mental barrier for me when it comes to a mouse purchase.

Yikes.... I bought the mouse only on Amazon for $136aud.

fwiw I swapped because my G903 had intermittent double clicking and I wasn't confident the G pro wireless wouldn't ultimately suffer the same fate but having said that there's be no particular change in my aim or lack thereof so unless you're in dire need I don't see a reason to rush to make a change. Sure it's a nice mouse but I wouldn't be throwing out heaps of money on it.

Advertisement