Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon Prime Film/TV Series Recommendations

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

• Registered Users Posts: 5,028 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

peteeeed wrote: »

It’s ok, I’m paying for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭adelcrowsmel

I see this is now sorted, and can catch up now. Finally ��

It's not sorted for me, it jumps from episode 9 to 13, so missing episodes 10, 11 & 12 still!!

It’s ok, I’m paying for it.

thanks jeff

It's not sorted for me, it jumps from episode 9 to 13, so missing episodes 10, 11 & 12 still!!

Try searching This Is Us season 5 as it brings up two 'folders' of season 5 episodes one has episode 9 then 13 while the other has 10,11 and 12

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,948 ✭✭✭Pen Rua

Parasite (2019) was up as part of my double bill this weekend. I am quite late to this movie. Wow, what a film! For me, it was a 9/10.
    The film is beautifully shot - some wonderfully crafted scene. I kept guessing where it was going and kept getting it wrong. I really enjoyed the various video essays I was able to find afterwards, which added to my experience of the film. Multiple levels of meaning left for the viewer to discover and understand.

We also watched Palm Springs (2021) which was a very big change of pace from Parasite!

For me, it was a bare 6/10.
    I thought it was only okay. Pretty entertaining, but meh overall. All I could think of was Brooklyn 99, waiting for the other characters to pop in. I guess that's just a product of me only seeing Samberg in B99.

A lot of unnecessary vulgar jokes & scenes, but hey, maybe I'm a prude.

At the end of the day, it was a mindless & entertaining film and did its job as a not-super-intense movie.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭adelcrowsmel

Try searching This Is Us season 5 as it brings up two 'folders' of season 5 episodes one has episode 9 then 13 while the other has 10,11 and 12

Thanks, that worked!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,022 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Watched 2 seasons of 4 Blocks.

Based in Berlin, it's about a Lebanese crime family.

Enjoyable enough viewing if you are into drugs/crime/violence etc

• Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Selection of new titles/re-adds in the last week or so

A Day in Court (Original Title: Un giorno in pretura)
    Before the Revolution (Original Title: Prima della rivoluzione)
    The Best of Men
    The Bodyguard
    Crocodile Dundee
    Everybody's Woman (Original Title: La signora di tutti)
    The Face of Love (Bening/E.Harris/R.Williams)
    Forget Me Not (T.Menzies)
    The Fugitive (H.Ford/T.L.Jones)
    The Greatest Story Ever Told
    The Hatton Garden Job
    Killers Anonymous (2019)
    Jamesy Boy
    Happy Feet
    Mile 22
    The Nut Job
    Persian Lessons
    Suddenly (Sinatra)

Leonardo (A.Turner/Highmore)(Season 1)(2021)

Expiring soon(That I'm aware of)

The Bone Collector - 28/4
    Wonder Woman - 28/4
    Coming to America - 30/4
    Gran Torino - 30/4
    Troy - 30/4
    The Accountant (Affleck/Kendrick) - 1/5
    Sully (Hanks) - 1/5

• Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭cdgalwegian

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Watched 2 seasons of 4 Blocks.

Based in Berlin, it's about a Lebanese crime family.

Enjoyable enough viewing if you are into drugs/crime/violence etc
    Yeah; watched about 6 episodes on and off of first season. Not bad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,459 ✭✭✭cozar

Rfrip wrote: »
    God I loved sound of metal

It portrayed brilliantly how someone slowly loses their hearing. Great film.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭hold my beer

cozar wrote: »
    It portrayed brilliantly how someone slowly loses their hearing. Great film.

Going to watch it over the weekend. It reminds me of 'It's all gone Pete Tong', one of my favourite movies.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Taeholic

Watched The Mauritanian over the weekend. Highly recommend it even if it was tough to watch at times. Its based on a true story too

• Registered Users Posts: 19,015 ✭✭✭✭adox

Just finished Sound Of Metal.

Excellent, subtle story that is more than it appears.

Loved it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭whatever76

adox wrote: »
    Just finished Sound Of Metal.

Excellent, subtle story that is more than it appears.

Loved it.

Ha Snap - watched it myself last night. Great film !

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Watched Sound of Metal and enjoyed it. Very good performance from Riz Ahmed.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Selection of new titles/re-adds in the last week or so

A Hard Day's Night
    BASEketball
    The Family Tree
    London Has Fallen
    Mapplethorpe
    October Sky (J.Gyllenhaal/C.Cooper/L.Dern)
    Olympus Has Fallen
    Revolver (O.Reed)
    Rock of Ages
    Shazam!
    The Texas Chainsaw Massacre
    Unlikely Hero (R.Reynolds/E.Stone/J.Daniels)

Dispatches from Elsewhere (Season 1)(2020)

Expiring soon(That I'm aware of)

Baywatch (Extended cut) - 4/5
    Military Wives - 4/5

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,781 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

I see Without Remorse is up today with the usual Prime fanfare (or lack thereof). We need some middle ground between Prime's "find it/stumble on it yourself" attitude and Netflix's approach of we think you'll like this tv show/movie that just so happens to be our latest middle of the road production and matches your taste....honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭secondrowgal

mewso wrote: »
    I see Without Remorse is up today with the usual Prime fanfare (or lack thereof). We need some middle ground between Prime's "find it/stumble on it yourself" attitude and Netflix's approach of we think you'll like this tv show/movie that just so happens to be our latest middle of the road production and matches your taste....honest.

Excellent, thanks! Weekend viewing sorted - this and Sound of Metal :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

In fairness, I've seen multiple ads for it this week on TV. Looks like the kind of sh1te to keep me occupied late at night with the brain switched off.

In fairness, I've seen multiple ads for it this week on TV. Looks like the kind of sh1te to keep me occupied late at night with the brain switched off.

I've had an ad for it nearly each time I've opened TikTok, and had several pre-rolls of it on YouTube.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,781 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Well bear in mind I'm referring to the sites/apps themselves and how they notify/push content. I don't spend much time watching tv these days and as for tik-tok. The only time I see anything from that is when my mates, who refuse to apply any filter to content, send something on whatsapp.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Well bear in mind I'm referring to the sites/apps themselves and how they notify/push content. I don't spend much time watching tv these days and as for tik-tok. The only time I see anything from that is when my mates, who refuse to apply any filter to content, send something on whatsapp.

That's kind of my point. I only really watch sport on TV but was still bombarded with ads for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Terence Rattigan

John Clark, a Navy SEAL, goes on a path to avenge his wife's murder only to find himself inside of a larger conspiracy.

What a unique plotline! Does he go on the run when he is fitted up for his wife`s murder?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,562 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

Minari was one of the better Oscar nominated films this year, I'd definitely recommend it.

Minari was one of the better Oscar nominated films this year, I'd definitely recommend it.

I’m not seeing it on Prime Video immediately?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,562 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

Pen Rua wrote: »
    I’m not seeing it on Prime Video immediately?

Wrong thread, apologies.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

I'm trying to watch it at the moment but it's crap

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,811 ✭✭✭deisedude

Watched The Mauritanian last night. Overall a solid watch but suffers and all too familiar problem for many Hollywood films from the last few years in that it's twenty minutes too long.

The torture scenes are particularly distressing. Jolie Foster and Tahar Rahim deliver very good performances but Benedict Cumberbatch who I do like is horribly miscast.

Advertisement