Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Club Training May 10th

Options
  • 29-04-2021 11:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,845 ✭✭✭✭

Looks like we can train with the clubs from May the 10th.

Great news for alot of people

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭ultrapercy

is it groups of 15 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,845 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

ultrapercy wrote: »
    is it groups of 15 ?

Probably but its a start.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭ultrapercy

Probably but its a start.

oh ya its great to see it coming back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭Lambay island

Whats folk understanding of when racing would be allowed back akin to the North?

Whats folk understanding of when racing would be allowed back akin to the North?

I think Sept will be the time frame for road races.
    Track races will happen alot sooner, June I say

• Advertisement

I think Sept will be the time frame for road races.
    Track races will happen alot sooner, June I say

Ya think.. With intercounty travel open surely a big volume of folk will road race up North. The likes of Pop Up races will have to do something surely to compete and stay afloat.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,891 ✭✭✭✭Stark

I've been told by people involved with IMRA and Orienteering Ireland that Sports Ireland gave the go-ahead for after June 7th to go ahead with events. Not sure what numbers will be allowed. IMRA limited to 100 last year (I think they could have gone to 200 but volunteers were included in the 200 limit and also not having carpooling put a lot more pressure on parking).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,621 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

Ya think.. With intercounty travel open surely a big volume of folk will road race up North. The likes of Pop Up races will have to do something surely to compete and stay afloat.

Could they run races in waves of 15?

It’s absolutely nuts that non contact outdoor racing can’t restart!

TbL

Could they run races in waves of 15?

It’s absolutely nuts that non contact outdoor racing can’t restart!

TbL

I only copped Pop up posted on social media last night "working on a few potential races very very soon" I'd imagine that refers to something similar to your waves of 15. .. and yes I 100% agree with you.

I only copped Pop up posted on social media last night "working on a few potential races very very soon" I'd imagine that refers to something similar to your waves of 15. .. and yes I 100% agree with you.

I did one of their races last year and it was really well organised. I hope they crack on!

TbL

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭OOnegative

I did one of their races last year and it was really well organised. I hope they crack on!

TbL

Seen Anto was out measuring a few courses!!

OOnegative wrote: »
    Seen Anto was out measuring a few courses!!

They’ll all be out so...🀣

TbL

Think they will go with parkrun first before a road race?

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭Butterbeans

I think smaller road races will be back before parkrun. If those races go smoothly then parkrun won't be far away hopefully. Still probably looking at late summer / early autumn though

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

I would have said the other way around! With a road race you can control the numbers by limiting entries. You can’t do that with parkrun.

Advertisement