Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

bus to/from helix theatre

• 28-04-2021 10:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,189 ✭✭✭

Not been there before. What's the most regular bus to the helix theatre fron O'C Street?
    What bus should i take to get back to town? Will walk to get a more regular buses if the nearest stop is less regular.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭athlone573

bobbyss wrote: »
    Not been there before. What's the most regular bus to the helix theatre fron O'C Street?
    What bus should i take to get back to town? Will walk to get a more regular buses if the nearest stop is less regular.
    Thanks

Any of the bus routes that go up the ballymun road, check on Google Maps. Get off at the slipper pub and walk through dcu. Same in reverse to get back to town.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

Thanks

Take the 4, 9, 11, 13 or 155. Get off outside the DCU Ballymun Road entrance and walk to The Helix through campus.

Or take the 1, 16, 33, 41 or 41b/c/d. Get off near Collins Avenue on Swords Road and walk to DCU through Collins Avenue. This takes a bit longer.

There's also the 44 which is once an hour or so but brings you directly to The Helix.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,189 ✭✭✭bobbyss

Peregrine wrote:
    Take the 4, 9, 11, 13 or 155. Get off outside the DCU Ballymun Road entrance and walk to The Helix through campus.

Peregrine wrote:
    Or take the 1, 16, 33, 41 or 41b/c/d. Get off near Collins Avenue on Swords Road and walk to DCU through Collins Avenue. This takes a bit longer.

Peregrine wrote:
    There's also the 44 which is once an hour or so but brings you directly to The Helix.

That's good thanks. I will need to get back to town from Helix quickly by bus. What would the best option be?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,225 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

if you go to the stop on ballymun road, the quickest would probably be the 9 or the 4, though it may be that the fastest bus into the city centre is the one which arrives first.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭StreetLight

If you find it hard to get a seat on one of the longer established routes, you should have a better chance on the 155. It is a route that was introduced recently and people still seem afraid to use it, even though it mirrors the 4 and 9 between the city and Ballymun Road.

• Advertisement

They all should stop at the same bus stop (at or near the carlton cinema) so just hop on the first one that arrives. If you're the only person at the bus stop you may need to hold your arm out to "hail" it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,189 ✭✭✭bobbyss

athlone573 wrote:
    They all should stop at the same bus stop (at or near the carlton cinema) so just hop on the first one that arrives. If you're the only person at the bus stop you may need to hold your arm out to "hail" it.

Good stuff. Will google where that cinema is. If i catch a bus from there at about 5:30pm how long do you think it would take to get into O'C Street? I have to make it in by a certain time to get a connecting bus.

Good stuff. Will google where that cinema is. If i catch a bus from there at about 5:30pm how long do you think it would take to get into O'C Street? I have to make it in by a certain time to get a connecting bus.

No idea as its rush hour so if you're on a tight schedule I would call a taxi using the app

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,225 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

Good stuff. Will google where that cinema is.
    it hasn't been a cinema for decades, mind.

Advertisement