Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

corkie wrote: »
    ^^^ Yes that's just 23% Vat.

€872.193 in GBP is 758.34

Strange you have the breakdown in Euro but total in GBP (your preferred payment method?).

Compare your phone across EU stores here https://www.hagglezon.com

Thanks

ya i get better xchange with credit card than amazon i found.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,041 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

I thought I'd post this to see if anyone else has had this problem.

I ordered and item that is in stock and Sold by: Amazon EU S.a.r.L. I've Amazon Prime so get free delivery.

I ordered it about 2 weeks ago and got the message "We will email you when we have an estimated delivery date." Also checked with a UK delivery address and that goes straight through with next day delivery.

After a week I went on chat and asked what's the problem. Answer was its stuck in the system and that I need to cancel the order and reorder. Left it a day then ordered a second item then cancelled the first. I did it that way incase I got a sorry not available to you address msg for the second order. Same msg for the second order "We will email you when we have an estimated delivery date."

So a couple days later I get on to chat again and this time the problem is that they can't find a courier for it? The reps says he'll contact the fulfillment center to get it sent.

And another few days and third reason is the best yet "this item is not available at the price shown during the validation of your order.". Yet the order still stands and the rep is supposedly going to raise a ticket with the fulfilment center.

So Amazon are advertising an item sold by them as in stock, available to Ireland but they won't sell it to me at the price listed?

Yes I know its a third world problem and I'm making a fuss about not a lot but at this stage I'm only chasing this because I want to see where it goes. I suspect at some stage Amazon will sell the last one to someone in the UK and then just say they are out of stock can't get anymore and cancel my order. I fully understand I can't force them to sell an item to me.

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,498 ✭✭✭Hoboo

I ordered and item that is in stock and Sold by: Amazon EU S.a.r.L. I've Amazon Prime so get free delivery.

I ordered it about 2 weeks ago and got the message "We will email you when we have an estimated delivery date." Also checked with a UK delivery address and that goes straight through with next day delivery.

After a week I went on chat and asked what's the problem. Answer was its stuck in the system and that I need to cancel the order and reorder. Left it a day then ordered a second item then cancelled the first. I did it that way incase I got a sorry not available to you address msg for the second order. Same msg for the second order "We will email you when we have an estimated delivery date."

So a couple days later I get on to chat again and this time the problem is that they can't find a courier for it? The reps says he'll contact the fulfillment center to get it sent.

And another few days and third reason is the best yet "this item is not available at the price shown during the validation of your order.". Yet the order still stands and the rep is supposedly going to raise a ticket with the fulfilment center.

So Amazon are advertising an item sold by them as in stock, available to Ireland but they won't sell it to me at the price listed?

Yes I know its a third world problem and I'm making a fuss about not a lot but at this stage I'm only chasing this because I want to see where it goes. I suspect at some stage Amazon will sell the last one to someone in the UK and then just say they are out of stock can't get anymore and cancel my order. I fully understand I can't force them to sell an item to me.

Is the item fulfilled by Amazon, ie being processed on behalf of a third party seller? I had the same issue, turned out the third party had sold it elsewhere. Amazon had no control of stock.

Hoboo wrote: »
    Is the item fulfilled by Amazon, ie being processed on behalf of a third party seller? I had the same issue, turned out the third party had sold it elsewhere. Amazon had no control of stock.

I knew someone would mention that so I copied and pasted the words from the invoice in the OP "Sold by: Amazon EU S.a.r.L"

If it wasn't sold by Amazon I wouldn't bother chasing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

I have nothing to add apart from... The phrase is "first world problem".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭corkie

What is the item? Maybe on prohibited list for couriers? and amazon shouldn't be selling it to Ireland in the first place.

Is the item also available on EU sites (you won't have prime so you lose out that way).

"He tasks me. He tasks me and I shall have him! I'll chase him round the moons of Nibia and round the Antares maelstrom and round perdition's flames before I give him up!" - Khan quoting Moby Dick (Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan)

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭cap.in.hand.

I can't see the problem if amazon say they'll contact you re delivery and left it at that...not you contacting them.

I can't see the problem if amazon say they'll contact you re delivery and left it at that...not you contacting them.

I can't see the problem either for an Amazon Prime item sold by Amazon that is in stock and can be delivered tomorrow to anyone in the UK?

corkie wrote: »
    What is the item? Maybe on prohibited list for couriers? and amazon shouldn't be selling it to Ireland in the first place.

Is the item also available on EU sites (you won't have prime so you lose out that way).

Will check the EU sites now. It's nothing thats on any banned list.

Edit> Amazon.de want €43,22 Postage & Packing for the item which is about the same price approx €150 on both sites.

Does it say "Dispatched from and sold by Amazon EU Sarl" on the Amazon product page? If so, I believe the mistake thy made was letting you initially buy the product as I'm pretty sure many such items are only supposed to be allowed to be delivered to mainland UK.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,498 ✭✭✭Hoboo

I knew someone would mention that so I copied and pasted the words from the invoice in the OP "Sold by: Amazon EU S.a.r.L"

If it wasn't sold by Amazon I wouldn't bother chasing it.

You may ring Joe.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,042 ✭✭✭Wabbit Ears

I had this. Ordered some weights at the start of lockdown. This was the only listing I could find that shipped to ireland and was on prime so happy days. Ordered.

Item showed as being prepared for shipping but never went beyond that. no tracking or the usual. finally contacted support and was told there was something wrong with the order and they cancelled it ansd said to re-order. lo and behold it had updated to say didnt ship to ireland.

I figure it was either too heavy or didn't really qualify for prime shipping to ireland and was mislabeled in the listing. Some randomer in the warehouse got a 'computer says no' when they went to fulfill it.

Aristotle wrote: »
    Does it say "Dispatched from and sold by Amazon EU Sarl" on the Amazon product page? If so, I believe the mistake thy made was letting you initially buy the product as I'm pretty sure many such items are only supposed to be allowed to be delivered to mainland UK.

Copy and pasted from the listing "Dispatched from and sold by Amazon" .Thats no doubt the problem but as I said they could have said that when I first contacted them. It's still available to Ireland and I've just ordered it again to check and cancelled.

I had this. Ordered some weights at the start of lockdown. This was the only listing I could find that shipped to ireland and was on prime so happy days. Ordered.

Item showed as being prepared for shipping but never went beyond that. no tracking or the usual. finally contacted support and was told there was something wrong with the order and they cancelled it ansd said to re-order. lo and behold it had updated to say didnt ship to ireland.

I figure it was either too heavy or didn't really qualify for prime shipping to ireland and was mislabeled in the listing. Some randomer in the warehouse got a 'computer says no' when they went to fulfill it.

Thats why I didn't cancel the first order until I'd ordered it a second time as I thought that was going to happen to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭cap.in.hand.

Copy and pasted from the listing "Dispatched from and sold by Amazon" .Thats no doubt the problem but as I said they could have said that when I first contacted them. It's still available to Ireland and I've just ordered it again to check and cancelled.

As you seem to have it still on order and they haven't cancelled it...it still may be delivered to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭JCJCJC

What about the money side of it - did Amazon debit your card? If so, the contract is in place and they are obliged to fulfil it. Threaten consumer affairs on them. You have a whole bundle of legal rights as a consumer under EU law.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,060 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Will check the EU sites now. It's nothing thats on any banned list.

Edit> Amazon.de want €43,22 Postage & Packing for the item which is about the same price approx €150 on both sites.

if they that much to ship it from the germany the item must be either very heavy or very big.

JCJCJC wrote: »
    What about the money side of it - did Amazon debit your card? If so, the contract is in place and they are obliged to fulfil it. Threaten consumer affairs on them. You have a whole bundle of legal rights as a consumer under EU law.

you will be wasting your time. the contract is in place when amazon ship the order.

you will be wasting your time. the contract is in place when amazon ship the order.

That’s new law. My understanding of the law is that the contract is in place when the consideration passes.

That’s new law. My understanding of the law is that the contract is in place when the consideration passes.

read up on amazons term and conditions.

• Advertisement

read up on amazons term and conditions.
    I just scanned them, life is too short to study all of them. They do allow for small claims courts which might be worth exploring, and even if they have conditions which attempt to set aside settled law, there are EU regulations on Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts that an Irish Court will uphold.

I just scanned them, life is too short to study all of them. They do allow for small claims courts which might be worth exploring, and even if they have conditions which attempt to set aside settled law, there are EU regulations on Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts that an Irish Court will uphold.

they are very clear on when a contract is formed.

they are very clear on when a contract is formed.

My point is that if so, that’s an unfair term.

My point is that if so, that’s an unfair term.

you have no idea what their terms say about when the contract is formed so how can you be sure it is unfair?

you have no idea what their terms say about when the contract is formed so how can you be sure it is unfair?

It’s well settled law that an enforceable contract is formed when the consideration passes. This applies whether the contract came into existence on the basis of offer and acceptance, or notice to treat and acceptance. In either scenario, the moment the consideration passes, the contract comes into existence. If Amazon try to vary that, there’s the unfairness that the OP would ask the small claims court to uphold.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Bazmo

I had the same issue (see post #1251).

Also ordered something, got confirmation email and CC deduction (pending). Nothing happened and upon subsequent checking with CS I was told that the item was out of stock (even though the item was listed as in stock at that time).

I couldn't get CS to accept the concept that when an item is ordered and the confirmation email sent that that item should be set aside in the Fulfillment centre for that order and that the item should be dispatched eventually and the order should not be affected by the item subsequently going out of stock.

Received a subsequent email explaining how inventory is dynamic etc... and I would be updated when it came back into stock. So I cancelled the order and ordered the item using an old Amazon account of mine. Order went through and delivery will be later today.

The last two items that i've returned have not had a refund issued the same day i dropped them back to the Post Office like they used to do.
    This happen to anyone else recently??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭VG31

Grahamer72 wrote: »
    The last two items that i've returned have not had a refund issued the same day i dropped them back to the Post Office like they used to do.
    This happen to anyone else recently??

I returned something about 10 days ago and got the refund the same day as normal.

VG31 wrote: »
    I returned something about 10 days ago and got the refund the same day as normal.

Must be just me so.

• Advertisement

Is anyone else noticing how little Amazon Warehouse stuff is now not available to Ireland?

I would guess at least 25% of the Amazon Warehouse has no buying options if you have an Irish delivery address another way of saying not available to Ireland.

I don't buy a lot from Amazon Warehouse but have found it handy in the past for some items that weren't available to Ireland as new items were available as returns.

Advertisement