Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

***** GAME PASS DEALS - See first post for the best deal ******

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭druss

Visited Brazil over the weekend. I bought 3 x 12 Month Xbox live Gold codes from CDkeys and logged these via the Xbox Brazil site. €28.22 x 3 or €84.66 total.

I didn't know that you needed to be back home before you could do the conversion to Ultimate, so I had a few failed attempts of trying in Brazil, before going back to Ireland and converting the lot for €12.99. Happy days until 25 April 2024!

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭padzer

Thanks for the OP, worked a treat. I have a series x and in another room the young lad has an Xbox one and we have 2 accounts.

The one xbox live subscription used to cover both accounts and the Xbox one was also able to play any games that were downloaded to the series x.

I put the 2 years plus a 6month sub on to the series x last night and that now has the game pass ultimate but the Xbox one just has Xbox live with no access to game pass.

Has any1 had 1 gamepass sub work on 2 accounts?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

padzer wrote: »
    Thanks for the OP, worked a treat. I have a series x and in another room the young lad has an Xbox one and we have 2 accounts.

The one xbox live subscription used to cover both accounts and the Xbox one was also able to play any games that were downloaded to the series x.

I put the 2 years plus a 6month sub on to the series x last night and that now has the game pass ultimate but the Xbox one just has Xbox live with no access to game pass.

Has any1 had 1 gamepass sub work on 2 accounts?

Thanks.

Set the Xbox One as the Home Console for the account that has GPU, it should then have access to GPU. The Series X will have access to GPU as long as the account with GPU is logged in.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

So I just had my GPU expire there and Ive never done the above technique of buying 12 x 2, 1 x 6 method.

I have previously had recurring billing on, can I just go ahead and try the above method or will it fail as I previous had GPU and recurring billing active?

Thanks guys, this forum is always great help.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Brian201888

You won't be able to do the upgrade for a Euro but can still get it cheap.

CD Keys has 12 month Xbox Brazil codes available https://www.cdkeys.com/12-month-xbox-live-gold-membership-xbox-one-360-brazil

I did that a few weeks back, buy 3 of those then connect to a VPN set to Brazil and redeem on the microsoft website

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

You won't be able to do the upgrade for a Euro but can still get it cheap.

CD Keys has 12 month Xbox Brazil codes available https://www.cdkeys.com/12-month-xbox-live-gold-membership-xbox-one-360-brazil

I did that a few weeks back, buy 3 of those then connect to a VPN set to Brazil and redeem on the microsoft website

So redeem online using VPN, and then where do you upgrade, on the Xbox or online without the VPN?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Brian201888

I did the upgrade on the Microsoft site without the VPN on

• Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Excellent, thanks all. Just loaded the kids account with the 3 years from CD keys and then the upgrade of those 3 years to Ultimate for €12.99.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭Treppen

Seeing as Gold is going to be discontinued could I buy the code now then wait for my subscription to expire (this July)

Is there an expiry date on Gold codes?

Treppen wrote: »
    Seeing as Gold is going to be discontinued could I buy the code now then wait for my subscription to expire (this July)

Is there an expiry date on Gold codes?

Gold is not being discontinued.

• Advertisement

Gold is not being discontinued.

Cool, dunno why I thought that, must have muddled it with multiplayer live games going free without live gold. I'll wait till July so

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Went for 2 years using Brazil VPN. All set now until July 2023 and it cost €73.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,902 ✭✭✭✭GBX

I'll need to renew mine on 16/6. I had previously used the upgrade deal back in 2019 using the recurring billing deal and cancelled. So if I get a few 12 months on Brazil, should I be ok again?

GBX wrote: »
    I'll need to renew mine on 16/6. I had previously used the upgrade deal back in 2019 using the recurring billing deal and cancelled. So if I get a few 12 months on Brazil, should I be ok again?

Yes, you'll need to pay full price for 1 month of GPU to reconvert.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Went for 2 years using Brazil VPN. All set now until July 2023 and it cost €73.

I did the same, Thanks brian above

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

my gamepass runs out next month, so is it best to let it run out, buy 3 years of gold and then add a month of ultimate ?

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭bonkers

What should i do here - have ended up with month to month 12.99 ultimate game pass and then got myself a 12 month code from eneba but this comes up when i attempt to add it in

Redeeming your Prepaid Xbox Live Gold 12 Month code will automatically convert to 4 months of Xbox Game Pass Ultimate and will be added to your current Xbox Game Pass Ultimate account. By redeeming this code, you agree to this conversion. All conversions are final; ratio subject to change. See xbox.com/gamepass If you choose not to redeem at this time, you can keep your code and redeem it prior to its expiration date, if any.

bonkers wrote: »
    What should i do here - have ended up with month to month 12.99 ultimate game pass and then got myself a 12 month code from eneba but this comes up when i attempt to add it in

Redeeming your Prepaid Xbox Live Gold 12 Month code will automatically convert to 4 months of Xbox Game Pass Ultimate and will be added to your current Xbox Game Pass Ultimate account. By redeeming this code, you agree to this conversion. All conversions are final; ratio subject to change. See xbox.com/gamepass If you choose not to redeem at this time, you can keep your code and redeem it prior to its expiration date, if any.

Turn off auto renew and allow your GPU to expire. Then enter the Gold code and buy 1 month of GPU to convert the full period to gpu.

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭bonkers

thanks for that

druss wrote: »
    Visited Brazil over the weekend. I bought 3 x 12 Month Xbox live Gold codes from CDkeys and logged these via the Xbox Brazil site. €28.22 x 3 or €84.66 total.

I didn't know that you needed to be back home before you could do the conversion to Ultimate, so I had a few failed attempts of trying in Brazil, before going back to Ireland and converting the lot for €12.99. Happy days until 25 April 2024!

Ill throw my experience into this.

I had Ultimate which expired last year, used a secondary account last year but that ran out so did the three years via Brazil.

The base price was up a bit on the above, but you can activate the Ultimate Via Brazil as well which is only €7.

On my console it mentioned the "e1 for 3 months" but I was getting an error when trying that, so there was no way for me to renew on my Xbox.

So it worked out cheaper anyway to take the upgrade via the trip.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

Having a bit of an issue with this. I just bought a CD keys 6-month XBL code. Worked no bother and I got the extra month by turning on recurring billing. I saw the ad on the Xbox dashboard for 3 months of ultimate for €1 and clicked on it, just kept getting an 'oops something went wrong' error message. I figured it was because I had already gotten the deal where you get it cheap - but I have never actually upgraded a gold account before. I restarted the xbox and when I did I saw an ad for upgrading your gold to game pass ultimate, I'm getting the same error message with that one too. I tried to do the upgrade via the website but also got an endless progress bar.

Anyone have any ideas? I literally cannot access Game Pass right now.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Markitron wrote: »
    Having a bit of an issue with this. I just bought a CD keys 6-month XBL code. Worked no bother and I got the extra month by turning on recurring billing. I saw the ad on the Xbox dashboard for 3 months of ultimate for €1 and clicked on it, just kept getting an 'oops something went wrong' error message. I figured it was because I had already gotten the deal where you get it cheap - but I have never actually upgraded a gold account before. I restarted the xbox and when I did I saw an ad for upgrading your gold to game pass ultimate, I'm getting the same error message with that one too. I tried to do the upgrade via the website but also got an endless progress bar.

Anyone have any ideas? I literally cannot access Game Pass right now.

This sounds like one of those occasions where you'll have to talk to them, either by calling or using the chat, if you can find it on the xbox support site.

Their system is usually robust, but sometimes it can be tied into knots by doing something that seems pretty standard.

CatInABox wrote: »
    This sounds like one of those occasions where you'll have to talk to them, either by calling or using the chat, if you can find it on the xbox support site.

Their system is usually robust, but sometimes it can be tied into knots by doing something that seems pretty standard.

Will do thanks. Never chatted to them before, are they generally useful?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Markitron wrote: »
    Will do thanks. Never chatted to them before, are they generally useful?

Depends. Every time I've dealt with them, they were mostly useful. I've heard of others that have had worse experiences though.

CatInABox wrote: »
    Depends. Every time I've dealt with them, they were mostly useful. I've heard of others that have had worse experiences though.

First attempt was a disaster. I explained the problem and the guy just posted a link to the site. I told him I already tried subscribing on the site and it didn’t work. He told me to restart my PC and try again, like FFS. Told him again that it still wasn’t working and then he just stopped replying.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 russtini

Thanks for the info. Note I just bought 12 month EU GWG sub on CD Keys for 47 and then got a sub vs store country error when trying to purchase GPU.

Xbox Support were telling me it was a USA Sub and CD Keys telling me it was a EU sub. XBox support came good in the end and deleted my old sub and added a new 12 month EU version - and now the world is good once more. Just sharing for awareness!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭DelBoy Trotter

Bought a years EA Access earlier presuming it would convert to 4 months GamePass ultimate like previous times, it seems like it only converts to 2 months ultimate now :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭JoyPad

If anyone is interested, PM me for the code:

Congratulations! Your recent PC Gaming Accessory order entitles you to get 33% off Xbox Game Pass for PC.
    How to redeem your code to purchase an Xbox Game Pass for PC (3 Month Membership) for only £15.49 (instead of £23.99):
    Go to the Xbox Game Pass for PC detail page - http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08F85ZJJY
    Click on 'Place Order' or 'Add to Basket'
    At checkout, enter the promotional claim code in the "Gift Cards & Promotional Codes" box.
    Complete your purchase within fourteen days of receiving this email.
    The savings will be reflected on the final order checkout page.
    This offer is subject to Terms and Conditions.

If the gpu subscription is let expire will your gamepass rewards points stay intact?

• Advertisement

anyhow, all ye cheapskate-skinflints might be interested in a way to get a months free GPU ...

Delete_Xbox.JPG

557856.JPG

Advertisement