Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Skoda Kodiaq Sportline 2.0Tdi auto

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Luke774

the two main costs for cars are

1. depreciation
    2. finance (if borrowing most of the money for a new car)

With the VAG group cars in many cases you get 0% finance which in practice is equivalent over a three year PCP deal to between 3 - 4k so it acts as a type of discount

The biggest cost will be depreciate and that is where (if you care about such things) the choice of brand and indeed model is important.

For some reason in Ireland Skoda seems to keep the best residuals (also the last version of the dacia duster) and in particular the Octavia and now the Kodiaq.

Similar cars from Seat (I know cos I have one) have higher depreciation.

VW better than Seat but worse than Skoda I think.

So for example the Tarraco which is 95% same as Kodiaq is already a better second hand buy but maybe not as good to go for new as its residuals will probably be significantly lower than the kodiak.

Where did you find that Information? Handy to know

quote="jimbobmalones;117025264"]the two main costs for cars are

1. depreciation
    2. finance (if borrowing most of the money for a new car

True but if I was to get Finance and not a 0%financed off Volkswagen I would go for 3 - 4 year old car as by then it would have lost alot of depreciation by then so you actually get a good deal on a car that's why I'm not to bothered about 0%Finance I think I can get s very good high spec car for around 20k

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 152 ✭✭jimbobmalones

Agreed - if you can get a car that costs say 28k new for say 12k after 4 years then the finance is irrelevant

• Registered Users Posts: 6,288 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

bazz26 wrote: »
    Seems a bit unusual someone in their 20s with no kids in toe, looking at the likes of a big Kodiaq. You will be paying a premium for alot of empty space and seats that are not going to get used. Surely a regular sized SUV or crossover would do the same job?

I don't understand why people want big cars if they don't need them. A smaller car would be nicer to drive, more economical and still practical with any spec you'd want.

DaveyDave wrote: »
    I don't understand why people want big cars if they don't need them. A smaller car would be nicer to drive, more economical and still practical with any spec you'd want.

I'm not definitely set on getting a suv im still looking at other cars but I want a 5 door again as I have had a 3 door for 4 years now

I think I should go for a something more fun then a Suv yous are right I don't actually need anything that size especially as I don't have kids yet I can always get one in the future

I'm looking at more sporty and maybe remaining it 🀔
    How much does a full respray cost ?

Looking at BMW 320d or is there better options ?

Advertisement