Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Facebook interferes in local politics

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,286 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I'm shocked Shocked! I tell you that such an upstanding company would so such a thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Let me be the first in this thread to say "It's a private company, they can do what they like.." :D

• Registered Users Posts: 81,641 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Does anyone else sometimes share an article etc. with one headline only to have the headline switch around once shared, clicked on, etc?

Like there's one today on a Bernie Sanders Op-ed, the headline I clicked was "Bernie Sanders: The US must support an even-handed approach in the Middle East" and what I got was "Bernie Sanders: The US must stop being an apologist to the Netanyahu government"

Is that switcheroo on facebook's end or the media site's end?

Overheal wrote: »

Is that switcheroo on facebook's end or the media site's end?

Interesting. gave up Facebook years ago so I jhaven't seen that, but I assume the content creator is responsible for inputting the headline(s) and they chose that one to bypass filters and widen the potential audience.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭Northernlily

Jesus OP. This should be a shock to absolutely no one. Come on and get with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,641 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Same thing again with the same article, the headline in Google is “Bernie Sanders: The Approach the Israel-Palestine Conflict Needs”

Advertisement