Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ASOS returns

• 24-01-2021 12:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I returned items of clothing to ASOS in early December. The scanner wasn't working in the shop at the time so I never got a receipt. ASOS have not received my return and the shop never kept the receipt when they sent it back. Is there anything I can do?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

I'm waiting for a return from about the 10th of Dec to be processed (don't have the slip either and absolutely raging as there were a pair of runners + trousers and a cardigan in the return). Just hoping that there are massive delays as waiting on a Jan refund to be processed also. I contacted ASOS but no response.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

There were huge delays with refunds in November. I wouldn’t be surprised if it was the same now. I had to get into them a few times on Twitter to get my money back. You’ll need proof of return through.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

Hi,

I returned items of clothing to ASOS in early December. The scanner wasn't working in the shop at the time so I never got a receipt. ASOS have not received my return and the shop never kept the receipt when they sent it back. Is there anything I can do?

How did you return to a shop?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Via Parcel Connect I assume they mean. Some newsagents offer the service, really handy. You just drop it to them, they scan it and give you a receipt and then it gets collected.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭lonestargirl

I returned something mid January and I got my refund Jan 29th. It is possible there is a backlog of older stuff but mine came through pretty quickly (it was an An Post return)

• Advertisement

Hi OP, I contacted Asos this week re my missing returns and they said there is nothing they can do without the tracking number from the slip.

I thought surely they could reprint the barcode that was included with my order so I could track with Fastway but no - I may search through all my pockets again :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 7,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭cee_jay

I contacted Asos yesterday about a Parcel Connect return I made on 23rd January, it has been in Hawkes Bay (Fastway Depot I think) since 26th January. They said I now have to give it 21 working days for it to be returned (website says 14 days).

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,283 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Their returns are so slow. I returned an item on the 12th February and they are claiming they still don't have it. I have post office receipt and have shown them. They are trying to say it can take 21 days to process. It still says 14 days on their website. I told them it does and they made an excuse it must be a technical problem on website!? Awful service. I've sent a return back to new look in the meantime and it was processed within a week! Putting me off ordering from asos again!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,283 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

I still haven't received my refund from Asos. They used to be much better than this, but they are awful now. Claiming they still haven't processed it despite the fact I sent it back on 12th February! Really don't think I will order from them again. I've had delays with refunds with New Look recently and they didn't fob me off and processed my refund straight away when I told them. They didn't make me wait 21 days! Asos need to sort it out!

I finally got my refund! I still didn't have it by the date they told me to wait until. I got back onto their chat function on their website, and said I was sick of the delay. I finally got it yesterday into my account. I returned the package on February 12th, refunded on March 18th. Crazy! Its put me off ordering from them again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭YellowLead

I’ve just started using ASOS and want to return something. Do I just attach the return label and drop it off to my local parcel connect (in a Spar) - do you need to go online and fill anything out?

Nope, just repack the item with the invoice inside and the label on the outside. Parcel Connect will scan the label and do the rest.

Twee. wrote: »
    Nope, just repack the item with the invoice inside and the label on the outside. Parcel Connect will scan the label and do the rest.

Thanks a mill!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,087 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

YellowLead wrote: »
    Thanks a mill!

Make sure they scan it - don't just leave it with them.

Make sure they scan it - don't just leave it with them.

Thanks - I returned it last week, can’t remember if they scanned or not but I did get some kind of receipt which I have somewhere. I’m assuming it will take a good few weeks to process - I don’t mind as long as it happens in the end. I’ve ordered more stuff and therefore might need to use the returns function again! That free next day delivery for a year for €18 is dangerous!

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭tickingclock

Can I ask on Asos do you have to pay any customs fees since Brextix? Don't mind waiting longer for refunds. Tonight they'd 20% off everything between 7 and 9 and I was so tempted.

Can I ask on Asos do you have to pay any customs fees since Brextix? Don't mind waiting longer for refunds. Tonight they'd 20% off everything between 7 and 9 and I was so tempted.

No, there doesn't appear to be any extra charges.

No they are shipped from Germany now!

Annoyingly I ordered some items yesterday and just got a notification they won’t arrive until Tuesday (I have the next day delivery subscription which every other time has been 2 days after order) - bit of a balls as my nieces birthday presents for the weekend were in there. My fault for leaving it so last minute I guess!

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭tickingclock

Thanks for that. That's definitely frustrating.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,694 ✭✭✭Did you smash it

Rather than start a new thread could anyone advise what to do if asos won’t deliver a product to your resident country? Is Colisexpert the best option for a one off order or is there better?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

Annoyingly I ordered some items yesterday and just got a notification they won’t arrive until Tuesday (I have the next day delivery subscription which every other time has been 2 days after order) - bit of a balls as my nieces birthday presents for the weekend were in there. My fault for leaving it so last minute I guess!

That's a shame, I always get next day delivery if I order early enough. I will say though DHL always lie and tell me its coming in two days but I get a text and email the next day saying its coming that day.

Example, ordered some very attractive crocs on Wednesday at 9am, got a dispatch email from ASOS about 7pm saying it was coming Thursday, the within the hour DHL send me an email saying I'm getting it Friday. Thursday morning rolls round (today) and I wake up to an email and text saying my delivery is due that day and it's at my door before 10am.

GingerLily wrote: »
    That's a shame, I always get next day delivery if I order early enough. I will say though DHL always lie and tell me its coming in two days but I get a text and email the next day saying its coming that day.

Example, ordered some very attractive crocs on Wednesday at 9am, got a dispatch email from ASOS about 7pm saying it was coming Thursday, the within the hour DHL send me an email saying I'm getting it Friday. Thursday morning rolls round (today) and I wake up to an email and text saying my delivery is due that day and it's at my door before 10am.

I will remain a little hopeful so :)

I will remain a little hopeful so :)

You were right. I got the text that’s it’s coming today - yay :)

I'm on the other end of the customer service email where I work and I often get emails from people advance complaining their package is going to be late but the reality is that the tracker isn't really accurate until the package is scanned in by the courier and is moving through the system.

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Cookiee

Hi guys, first time ordering off ASOS, and the item was too small, so I returned it with an post (it was a free pre paid label) and now I'm scared I'm going to be waiting ages on the return, anyone have experience with using the an post free labels to return things? Does it take long? There were two return methods which were parcel connect and an post, I went with an post as I'm familiar with it, but now worried it'll take forever to get refunded

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Oppee

Maybe give ASOS an email with your reference number on the order sheet you recieved and let them know its on the way and maybe ask for a follow up nearer the refund date? At least that way you've sent in a reminder of sorts to show you've sent the parcel back on a specific date and have been waiting X amount of time and there you should see how long you've been waiting. What does their website say about refunds?

It takes a couple of weeks I would say at the longest but can be quicker. Definitely a lot quicker than zalando!

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Cookiee

Yeah, I emailed them about it and they said 20 working days for refund to be issued then withing 10 days after that to actually get the money in the bank, which is crazy, I won't be ordering off them again, this was my first time but that seems way too long to get money back

• Advertisement

i always pay with paypal so the refund comes back through them fast enough - never have any issues and get it the same day Asos gets my package back.

Advertisement