Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 Phase ESB Line

Options
  • 28-04-2021 1:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭

Hi all there is an ESB pole with 3 phase power running through our proposed site. The house will not be directly under them but they will be running over the rear of our patio area (hopefully pending planning!)
    Is it possible to get the ESB to put these underground?
    If so any idea of cost? Approx 50m.

TIA

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭Ronney

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭irishfire

Ronney wrote:
    Check out below
    Warning cost may be shocking!

This isn't correct. Get your planning in order first, the day you get the granted letter apply for the ESB connection and include a note that there is a conflicting line. They will do the survey and quote it, once you pay for the connection they will move the line and do any enabling works needed for your connection.

When the time comes and you send in the cert and register with a supplier, in most cases all they will have to do is pull the cable into the meter box and fit the meter.

No need to pay for a separate line diversion.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,240 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

jlow1 wrote: »
    Hi all there is an ESB pole with 3 phase power running through our proposed site. The house will not be directly under them but they will be running over the rear of our patio area (hopefully pending planning!)
    Is it possible to get the ESB to put these underground?
    If so any idea of cost? Approx 50m.

TIA

What voltage?
    Medium Voltage (MV). 10kV. 20kV. High Voltage (HV). 38kV. 110kV.

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭jlow1

irishfire wrote: »
    This isn't correct. Get your planning in order first, the day you get the granted letter apply for the ESB connection and include a note that there is a conflicting line. They will do the survey and quote it, once you pay for the connection they will move the line and do any enabling works needed for your connection.

When the time comes and you send in the cert and register with a supplier, in most cases all they will have to do is pull the cable into the meter box and fit the meter.

No need to pay for a separate line diversion.

Thanks for your reply. My connection will not be coming from this pole. There is a garage already on the site and its connection is coming from (I assume a single phase) from the pole on the road. This 3 phase line is just passing through the property.
    What voltage?
    Medium Voltage (MV). 10kV. 20kV. High Voltage (HV). 38kV. 110kV.

No idea what should a three phase line would be?
    I assume its three phase as three cables running on the pole?

Advertisement