Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Temporary work & Revenue

• 16-04-2021 8:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I am currently participating in a C.E scheme. I understand from the terms of the scheme that I am permitted to take up part time work.
    I secured very temporary paid work recently, and am due to start this in the near future.
    Question re - registering my new employment with Revenue;
    How soon before commencing the new employment should I register the new employment with Revenue?
    Thanks very much.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Dublin Lad2021

Generally your new employer registers you via your PPSN, the system changed a few years ago when P45s were eliminated. It might depend on the company though you can ask them if you need to register and ask for their tax registration number.

You'd want to be registered long enough before pay day for you not to be emergency taxed so maybe a week before hand, week and a half.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭I am me123

Generally your new employer registers you via your PPSN, the system changed a few years ago when P45s were eliminated. It might depend on the company though you can ask them if you need to register and ask for their tax registration number.

You'd want to be registered long enough before pay day for you not to be emergency taxed so maybe a week before hand, week and a half.

Thanks a mill.
    My new employer has given me their tax registration number when offering me the temp role & explained id be on emergency tax until registered with revenue. Im due to start middle of next week so would anytime between now and my start date be sufficient to register with revenue to not be emergency taxed?

I am me123 wrote: »
    Thanks a mill.
    My new employer has given me their tax registration number when offering me the temp role & explained id be on emergency tax until registered with revenue. Im due to start middle of next week so would anytime between now and my start date be sufficient to register with revenue to not be emergency taxed?

Assuming you get paid towards the end of the month, yeah you should be fine.
    Congrats on the new job btw

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭Kewreeuss

It only takes a few minutes to register you employment on your MyAccount, so don’t put it off too long. It will give you time to see what sort of credit cert(RPN) Revenue send you and to rectify it if necessary

Assuming you get paid towards the end of the month, yeah you should be fine.
    Congrats on the new job btw

Thank you very much! :)

• Advertisement

The contract for my temporary job expired yesterday, and should be paid within the next week or so , from this work.
    Just wondering if I need to contact Revenue to have my tax credits transferred back to my C.E scheme employment?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,653 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

I am me123 wrote: »
    The contract for my temporary job expired yesterday, and should be paid within the next week or so , from this work.
    Just wondering if I need to contact Revenue to have my tax credits transferred back to my C.E scheme employment?

Yes.

Yes.

Thanks Mrs O' Bumble.

My contract expired on Monday last, 26th April. However, I logged on to Revenue this evening, Friday, 30th April, and this employment is still listed as 'Active'.

I received my one time payslip for this short employment this week, and this wage should have been paid to me through EFT today 30th April.

Can I cease this employment myself through MyRevenue.ie?

Thanks. smile.png

If you only got paid Friday then your job should have still been listed as active until Friday for pay day.
    Now that it's passed you should be able to log into the same area you saw it listed as your employment and unregister your self from their employment, any problems just call revenue, they'll sort it easily

If you only got paid Friday then your job should have still been listed as active until Friday for pay day.
    Now that it's passed you should be able to log into the same area you saw it listed as your employment and unregister your self from their employment, any problems just call revenue, they'll sort it easily

Thank you. My wage was due to be paid into my bank account yesterday, Friday 30th April.
    I logged into myAccount in Revenue and ceased this employment today, 1st May.
    Thanks so much for all your help thus far.

• Advertisement
Advertisement