Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clearing a Site with Planning

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,290 ✭✭✭✭Penn

shacko89 wrote: »
    If you get planning approval on a site you do not own, can the owner clear the site and prep it without you having to submit the commencement notice?

As far as I'm aware, works up to and including foundation excavation can be carried out within the site without requiring a commencement notice. Works such as laying mesh in the trenches before the foundation pour is where construction technically begins. I think I clarified that with the Council before, but some councils could view it differently.

Any works to the site entrance though is also viewed as works requiring submission of the commencement notice.

So yes, clearing and prepping the site, within the curtilage of the site, in general should be fine without the commencement notice, as it's works the owner is entitled to undertake on their own land anyway.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

shacko89 wrote: »
    If you get planning approval on a site you do not own, can the owner clear the site and prep it without you having to submit the commencement notice?

Clearing the site of overgrowth and top soil is fine. Placement of site offices, cabins and welfare facilities is also fine.

Demolition of any old structures is not fine if you specifically mentioned them in your planning application.

So it depends on what you are “clearing”.

Advertisement