Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Amazon

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,144 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

Yeah, I have my first .co.uk order coming from France via Lauwin-Planque, Hauts-de-France FR

• Registered Users Posts: 15,822 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

I ordered two items on Monday & I am trialing Amazon Prime. One was supposed to be delivered on Wednesday & it was showing in Dublin on Tuesday but it didn't get here until Thursday. The second item is showing at Dublin & should of been delivered today.

Looks like Anpost have problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,146 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Discodog wrote: »
    I ordered two items on Monday & I am trialing Amazon Prime. One was supposed to be delivered on Wednesday & it was showing in Dublin on Tuesday but it didn't get here until Thursday. The second item is showing at Dublin & should of been delivered today.

Looks like Anpost have problems.

are they coming via An Post? I haven't had an An Post delivery from amazon in months.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,822 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

are they coming via An Post? I haven't had an An Post delivery from amazon in months.

Yes. I am in the sticks 🙂

• Registered Users Posts: 40,146 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Discodog wrote: »
    Yes. I am in the sticks ��

sorry, i seen dublin and assumed that is where you were.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Fuzzyduzzy

I keep getting an email from Amazon saying my payment was declined, and to update my card on their site. My details are perfect and the balance was taken from my account 4 days ago when I ordered the item.
    Has anyone had this before? I've sent them an email but I might be a week waiting for a reply. Wondering should k just cancel the order

• Registered Users Posts: 81,153 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I had something like this before when a gift voucher was being purchased using a prepaid debit card, I miscalculated the euro to sterling so was not enough to pay for it, got emails for about a week and then they stopped.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

harr wrote: »
    Bit of an issue with Amazon deliveries , the last few deliveries I have gotten seemed like to have had a rip in outer box , it’s like someone has been tearing a small strip of cardboard to see what’s inside. ( all In same location)
    All different drivers , yesterday I missed a delivery and told driver to leave at front door as I just out of the shower.. when I came down to get it at front door I noticed the driver at his van opening various box’s he removed items and placed them in front passenger seat area and sealed box back up .. the two box’s he opened looked like Nike runners and what looked like a fire tablet .. I have some footage from my cctv as he was parked in my driveway.
    Would it be a regular occurrence for delivery driver to open box’s or would they have a need ?
    I don’t want to cause an issue if there is a simple explanation.

mmm, I had cause to cancel an item recently and it was boxed with a few other things so I the delivery guy would have had to open and remove it. I assume he re-taped it backup after.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,193 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

Anyone ever had the excuse that an item can't be delivered because its "stuck" in the Amazon system. Item is Prime and in stock waiting a week for it to be dispatched and order says "We will email you when we have an estimated delivery date" which is what I'd expect for an item that is out of stock.

Just been on to Amazon chat and the rep insisted that I have to cancel the order and reorder or I won't get the item.

I'm in no hurry so I'll leave it a few more days. Last time I had an order that took ages to ship I got all sorts of excuses including the item was out of stock (webpage said otherwise) and that stock was in the wrong warehouse so I don't have too much faith in what the rep was telling me.

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Yes. Basically if they dont have an estimated date don't buy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭wexfordman2

Caranica wrote: »
    Just got a box delivered from Amazon that was sealed with wide yellow tape, like a wide insulation tape. First instinct was that it was opened by customs, next that it had been opened maliciously as above. Order was only gardening gloves and makeup remover so nothing of value

What kind of make up do you wear that needs garden gloves when removing it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,001 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

What kind of make up do you wear that needs garden gloves when removing it ?

It was two orders put together :D The joys of having prime, not considering postage and buying things when you realise you need them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

The new PSD2 Strong Customer Authentication regs are causing some problems with various websites but gradually getting sorted as banks update systems. Does it say "pending" on your account, or it is fully completed transaction?.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Frustrating....not getting the alerts at all despite having then enabled in app and on phone. Get alerts to say somethings dispatched or delivered but nothing in between.

Hurrah! Started working for the first time tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Fuzzyduzzy

It's all sorted now thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭Vego

Hi folks I'm sure this has been answered a 100 times ...but I got something delivered from Amazon came broken ....initiated the returns process told the seller I had pic of damaged goods ....they accepted the returns process ....I reg posted it back to make sure there was no ambiguity .....seller only refunded my initial cost and not the extra postage ......is that the way it is or should they have paid for the postage as the product was defective .either way I'm not fussed but just to be clear about it ..cheers

So I've to send something I bought from Amazon 18 months ago back to the UK for a repair. How do I do this without paying customs on the item or is that possible at all?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,831 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Vego wrote: »
    Hi folks I'm sure this has been answered a 100 times ...but I got something delivered from Amazon came broken ....initiated the returns process told the seller I had pic of damaged goods ....they accepted the returns process ....I reg posted it back to make sure there was no ambiguity .....seller only refunded my initial cost and not the extra postage ......is that the way it is or should they have paid for the postage as the product was defective .either way I'm not fussed but just to be clear about it ..cheers

They should refund postage too.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Bazmo

Hi,

Has anyone come across a situation where if trying to order something and the following happens (or is it something specific to my account)?

- specify UK (e.g. PM or AP) address and get delivery options as soon as the next day

- specify RoI address and get "we'll let you know when we have a delivery date for you"

This has happened more than once to me and Amazon CS aren't doing anything beyond contacting the Fulfillment Centre to expedite things (one week on and nothing has changed).

I have Prime and the issue is not restricted to one seller.

An example of this issue is shown below.

Thanks
    Bazmo

https://www.amazon.co.uk/JBL-All-One-Sound-Home-Black/dp/B08JG1L6YC/ref=mp_s_a_1_1_sspa?dchild=1&keywords=jbl+2.0&qid=1619441378&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUExMkJKU0FRWVczQVYxJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwMDk5OTQzMkwzOU9BSldHQVk2SCZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwODIxNTA4Mlo4MDQzNklBSlc3JndpZGdldE5hbWU9c3BfcGhvbmVfc2VhcmNoX2F0ZiZhY3Rpb249Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=

• Registered Users Posts: 25,327 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Bazmo wrote: »
    - specify RoI address and get "we'll let you know when we have a delivery date for you"

On the 'review your order' page, change delivery from 4-6 days to free delivery and they give a date of May 7th.

• Advertisement

Thanks, I'm not seeing this. I had already selected "FREE Priority Delivery" (but didn't pull the trigger). Did you click on Buy (and presumably cancel immediately)?

coylemj wrote: »
    On the 'review your order' page, change delivery from 4-6 days to free delivery and they give a date of May 7th.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

99 eur in currys

Yeah, I know this. For the sake of an extra 2 or 3 euro I'd rather deal with Amazon from a customer service point of view in case of any potential issues.

Created a dummy account and lo and behold, I see the option that @coylemj mentioned.
    Strange

• Registered Users Posts: 7,141 ✭✭✭corkie

corkie wrote: »
    Amazon.com maybe a cost effective alternative for similar products?

.com: - USB 3.0 Flash Drive, 128GB Thumb Drive, High Speed Memory Stick ~~~ EUR 28.71 Arriving Jan 19 - Jan 25 with coupon offered on amazon.

Order the above on January 5th ~ Delivered Jan 28, 2021.

Have now been processed a vat refund of

Import Fee Deposit Refund: $0.33 / EUR 0.28

That is 3 months latter??

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

Looking @ samsung s21+ 256gb on amazon de shot up to 960e from 930 . On amazon UK was getting it for 829£ but converting it is around 950e some not much of a difference but would u be charged anything more on UK one or is that the final price then.qont come after u for more money

@JamesBond2010

Have you any links to the phone your looking at?

.de would come with EU plug instead of UK version.

For .co.uk you won't be charged anything more than quoted on check out.
    ^^^ Vat & duties(if any) would be include in the Import Fee Deposit

Check that item cost has been reduced (less UK Vat) and import duties calculated on that.

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

@JamesBond2010

Check that item cost has been reduced (less UK Vat) and import duties calculated on that.

No sorry I am still half contemplating wether to get it or not.
    I will thanks very much for help

@JamesBond2010

551635.JPG
    So this is all i would be paying so is it then ?

• Advertisement

^^^ Yes that's just 23% Vat.

€872.193 in GBP is 758.34

Strange you have the breakdown in Euro but total in GBP (your preferred payment method?).

Compare your phone across EU stores here https://www.hagglezon.com

Advertisement