Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pursuing a career as a science/medical writer

Options
  • 24-04-2021 4:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 13

I'm fairly certain I'd have a knack for science writing/editing but I'm not quite sure where to start.

The bit that worries me is that it's not a career with a clear formulated route like for example, Engineering or Accounting. I'm wondering if anyone could give me a few pointers on whether it's a tough path to go down as well as how to go about starting. I'm interested in quite a few fields including microbiology, aging, stem-cell technology, sex differences and brain research.

As I already hold a BSc, is there any specific certificate or diploma you'd recommend getting? Any networking advice?

Thanks a lot.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭GalwayGrrrrrl

Check #SciComm on Twitter for contacts who are involved in science communication. Some of them are more focussed on social media rather than writing but it will give you a start.

Advertisement