Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ribbon Development

Options
  • 23-04-2021 10:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭

Just wondering with ribbon development, does a house on the opposite side of the road count as 1 of the 5 allowed houses within 250 metres. Or is it only houses on the same side of the road count as being part of the ribbon. Its not very clear in County Council guidelines.

Basically if there is 3 houses on one side of the road and two opposite them, is that the max 5 houses allowed or are you allowed 2 and 3 more on both sides respectively?

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

Up to the planners and you to interrupt the development plan and argue for the dwelling as part of planning submission

• Registered Users Posts: 45,820 ✭✭✭✭muffler

As stated above check the definition in the county development plan. For example here in Donegal it's 5 houses or more on the same side of the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Notorious93

Thanks for the responses.

I did check it before i posted this. It just seemed a bit open to interpretation to me:

"Ribbon development is defined by Cork County Council as five or more
    houses on any one side of a given 250 metres of
    road frontage. Intending applicants are advised to
    consult with the Cork Rural Design Guide in
    relation to site selection"

To me that sounds like the same side of the road I would hopefully build on but i was just looking for some clarity/reassurance.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,820 ✭✭✭✭muffler

To me that sounds like the same side of the road
    Yes, the same side.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

What did your planning consultant say?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Notorious93

BryanF wrote: »
    What did your planning consultant say?

Just trying to pre-assess the spot first before doing anything official but that would be one of the next steps i take in asking them

Advertisement