Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 thread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

klose wrote: »
    Does anyone else's ps5 go to standby but cut out, always end up getting the angry ps5 beepbeepbeep when I reboot it then saying its repairing the data base.? Happened 4 or 5 times now, boots up grand then.

Yeah, there’s been rest mode issues since launch for some. Had this one myself but it happens far less these days. Almost certain to happen if I put it in rest mode with something downloading.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

TheBalcony wrote: »
    Wonder if Horizon will still release this year or will it get pushed with Covid.

Been waiting for something to play

They reiterated the 2021 date a little while back, if Covid was going to delay it it would have done so by now. GT has already been delayed and I don't think GoW was ever releasing in 2021, so Horizon is their big title this year.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,200 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Markitron wrote: »
    I don't think GoW was ever releasing in 2021

'2021' is pretty much the only information they've actually given about the game.

Wildly optimistic, of course, but still a pretty overt announcement.

'2021' is pretty much the only information they've actually given about the game.

Wildly optimistic, of course, but still a pretty overt announcement.

Yea I don't think it was realistic to begin with.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

My first ever issue with my PS5. When I turn it on I get an error message that my extended USB drive that all my PS4 stuff is on isnt usable. I restart the PS5 straight away and it works fine. Only started since the last update. I should probably reformat it just to be safe, but the thought of downloading all that stuff again.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

I've moved the TV discussion to this thread:
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058114179

• Registered Users Posts: 28,875 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

https://www.videogameschronicle.com/news/sony-looks-set-to-announce-playstation-plus-video-pass/

Seems a leak through Sony's Polish site advertised PlayStation Plus Video Pass.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    https://www.videogameschronicle.com/news/sony-looks-set-to-announce-playstation-plus-video-pass/

If that service is A) Anything other than total ****e and B) Available in Ireland, I will be shocked.

Can't say I've been calling out for yet another video streaming service.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,566 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Finally something to compete with gamepass! Oh wait... No, no it won't. No one wants old Sony Films to watch on their PlayStation. Free is better than nothing but hope it's not Sony thinking this will be a win.

Just wait until they raise the price of Plus after the trial period to give us better value for money instead of giving us the choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

It must be absolutely exhausting looking for something to complain about in every single news story that comes out.

"Breaking news: Covid vaccine confirmed to vaccinate against all known diseases"

"Yeah, but I could still get hit by a bus. I bet they'll bring out a bus vaccine next week and charge €5 for it"

From seeing some buses I've been on, a bus vaccine wouldn't be a bad idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭14murphy

Has anyone had any problems with the controller. All of my buttons have become "sticky" and are near unusable.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

CastorTroy wrote: »

Great advertisement to not bother with it. Venom, the cruddy Zombieland sequel & Bloodshot are some proper two star offerings.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,007 ✭✭✭nedd

14murphy wrote: »
    Has anyone had any problems with the controller. All of my buttons have become "sticky" and are near unusable.

Yes. Same here. Either return it to where you bought it or call Sony.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Mine is mid replacement- call them, and explain what is going on.
    They’ll need a few details - username, email, address - but the hardest is the ID from the back of the controller - my eyes nearly bled trying to read that...

Suggest you ring them early in the morning.
    I got a label in a few minutes and later dropped it into my local DPD drop off point - rang them first, just down the road from me.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

"Returnal Feels Like An Actual PS5 Game" - preview on Kotaku.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,788 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

We just posted our two Returnal gameplay videos.
    It's the opening 15 and 45 mins unedited. It's the same 15mins at the start of both so depending on how much time you have you can take your pick.

Nothing beyond that is spoilt but if you want to go in fresh best avoid all of them.

https://youtu.be/TRyMID2RDIg

https://youtu.be/4AUKWQeVtAI

• Advertisement

Mr Crispy wrote: »
    "Returnal Feels Like An Actual PS5 Game" - preview on Kotaku.

Demon's Souls and Astrobot felt like actual PS5 games to me. It's a pity Cyberpunk is out of the headlines, Kotaku really reaching to generate their clickbait headlines from elsewhere

Demon's Souls and Astrobot felt like actual PS5 games to me. It's a pity Cyberpunk is out of the headlines, Kotaku really reaching to generate their clickbait headlines from elsewhere

Clickbait? Get a grip, will ya. :P

"For the first time this year, I felt like I was playing a next-gen game rather than one that straddles that transitory period between console generations."

Ooooh.... so controversial.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭HairySalmon

I was going to pick up Demon Soul’s during a sale this summer (assuming it will be discounted), but now I may look to Returnal based on how well it’s being received. Didn’t think much of it but I’m getting an Alien vibe from it which I really like

• Registered Users Posts: 33,349 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I've had zero interest in Returnal, but looks like it could end up being worth a punt.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,200 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I really, really hope Returnal is as good as those previews suggest. Housemarque have made some incredible games and I’d love to see them succeed on a larger scale.

But even as a fan of theirs 80 quid is a big punt pre-reviews at least, so will wait for those final impressions.

Clickbait? Get a grip, will ya. :P

"For the first time this year, I felt like I was playing a next-gen game rather than one that straddles that transitory period between console generations."

Ooooh.... so controversial.

Right, but that isn’t the article title is it? It is 100% click bait and they do it all the time.

Right, but that isn’t the article title is it? It is 100% click bait and they do it all the time.

What's clickbaity about the title?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,349 ✭✭✭✭Penn

"Returnal Feels Like An Actual PS5 Game" is a clickbait title?

Feels like the complete opposite to me. From that title, I get that they're saying that more than any other PS5 game so far, it feels like a next step in terms of graphics, gameplay and utilisation of PS5 features (SSD, DualSense, 3D audio).

That's my impression of what they're saying with the title, having not read the article. That's not clickbait.

What's clickbaity about the title?

It’s implying that the game’s I mentioned earlier aren’t ‘actual’ PS5 titles. There is frequently something inflammatory and/or elitist about Kotaku’s article titles.

• Advertisement
Advertisement