Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Landscaper / Groundwork

Options
  • 21-04-2021 3:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭

Folks

I'm looking for someone to price a few jobs for me and to see if one is feasible. I've rang three or four lads, to come out and look at the work, and all I'm getting is yeah yeah I'll be there next saturday and then swerving the calls.

I'm looking at digging out an area for a patio, or if that's not feasible, putting in a decking area.

Any suggestions welcome.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭thomasm

Worst time of year to get one of these guys. They will be busy for months and only want to get going on bigger jobs they have booked in. Not a criticism of them just a reality that this is the time they are most in demand and make the majority of their earnings

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Roanmore

thomasm wrote: »
    Worst time of year to get one of these guys. They will be busy for months and only want to get going on bigger jobs they have booked in. Not a criticism of them just a reality that this is the time they are most in demand and make the majority of their earnings

Surely Mike is your only man for this or is it Harry these days :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Not my bag, really this is landscaping and I'm not set up for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,996 ✭✭✭iseegirls

Found it impossible to get anyone to see my garden at the time (2 years ago) I wanted some landscaping done. And those which did come and see the garden said they'll come back with a quote etc.. but nothing. And then I see them work on the roundabout they sponsor/maintain every so often on the outer ring road, and wouldn't be bothered to reply to me at the time.

Advertisement