Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2021 GAA season.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,981 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

First of the football provincial draws done this morning (Munster)

Quarter finals

Clare v Kerry
    Waterford v Limerick

Semi finals

Tipperary v Clare or Kerry
    Cork v Waterford or Limerick

Connacht draw at 6pm tonight and Ulster, Leinster draws tomorrow

Tricky draw for Kerry but they will be convulsions if there knocked out early again

• Registered Users Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭secman

2 Pyrex dishes , no expense spared for Connaught draw :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭blowitupref

Connacht draw.

Quarter final Mayo v Sligo

Semi finals

Mayo or Sligo v Leitrim
    Roscommon v Galway

What’s the idea behind doing them over multiple days?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,846 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

Spread out the number of news bulletins and articles I assume.

Draw them all together and you only get 1 article in each paper or show on the radio

• Advertisement

Leinster football draw

First round

Offaly v Louth

Wicklow v Wexford

Carlow v Longford

Quarter-finals

Kildare v Offaly or Louth

Dublin v Wicklow or Wexford

Laois v Westmeath

Meath v Carlow or Longford

• Registered Users Posts: 6,786 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Somebody should resign, this **** is going the same way as the soccer which I hardly look at anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭paul0103

breezy1985 wrote: »
    Spread out the number of news bulletins and articles I assume.

Draw them all together and you only get 1 article in each paper or show on the radio

I think this Twitter thread nicely sums up why doing the draws like they did is a bad idea.

Unfortunately the GAA are just a bit awful when it comes to communication. Trying to find any information about competitions, past or present, is next to impossible on their website!

https://twitter.com/cormacpro/status/1384205267101880326

• Registered Users Posts: 11,111 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

ebbsy wrote: »

Somebody should resign, this **** is going the same way as the soccer which I hardly look at anymore.

It really highlights the lunacy of not having the Tailteann Cup in play.

I mean realistically what do Wicklow and Wexford have to play for now? Beating the handicap?

Unless Dublin join the European Super League, its another nail in the coffin of the Leinster championship. I'm sure apologists will be in soon now claiming it isn't Dublin's fault.

It'll probably be in Croker too seeing as its a QF.

paul0103 wrote: »
    I think this Twitter thread nicely sums up why doing the draws like they did is a bad idea.

Unfortunately the GAA are just a bit awful when it comes to communication. Trying to find any information about competitions, past or present, is next to impossible on their website!

https://twitter.com/cormacpro/status/1384205267101880326

That tweet doesn't actually say anything. He given no explanation as to why he thinks splitting the draw was bad

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,923 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

I mean realistically what do Wicklow and Wexford have to play for now? Beating the handicap?

Unless Dublin join the European Super League, its another nail in the coffin of the Leinster championship. I'm sure apologists will be in soon now claiming it isn't Dublin's fault.

It's not Dublin's fault. But you'll be hard pushed to find anyone who wants to keep the provincials at this point.

Also, that Wicklow are still continuously an embarrassment is down to Wicklow CB and politics. They're shameful.

Ya cause back in the good old streets paved with gold days Dublin v Wicklow would have been an even contest.

Wexford and Wicklow also have a league to play and do you know who decided the league is not important. Well it wasn't Dublin or HQ or whatever other bogeyman people conjure up it was the fans.
    All those fans who only show up for the championship. If they would only go to the league in the same numbers things would be very different

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭roverjoyce

Fair play to Leinster, the super League of the GAA with their seeded draws
    Why not have open draws and mix it up
    Filling Croke park is their only priority

That tweet doesn't actually say anything. He given no explanation as to why he thinks splitting the draw was bad

Did you read the 5-6 tweets that follow? Fair enough, nothing directly about why splitting the draws was a bad idea, but I think he makes a good argument for why the approach taken for the draws this year, and their promotion, wasn't the best.

They could have made a proper production/event out of it, but they didn't. It's not the biggest issue, but I think it does say something more generally about the GAAs own poor communication (which probably isn't a discussion for this thread).

Did you read the 5-6 tweets that follow? Fair enough, nothing directly about why splitting the draws was a bad idea, but I think he makes a good argument for why the approach taken for the draws this year, and their promotion, wasn't the best.

They could have made a proper production/event out of it, but they didn't. It's not the biggest issue, but I think it does say something more generally about the GAAs own poor communication (which probably isn't a discussion for this thread).

I only read the picture you put up. I don't have twitter

I only read the picture you put up. I don't have twitter

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1384205267101880326.html

Right now I get ya. It's a fairly shocking lack of social media knowledge and use. I can understand county boards not being able to throw too much at it but surely the GAA are paying someone to look after social media and making sure RTE do the same on their end

roverjoyce wrote: »
    Fair play to Leinster, the super League of the GAA with their seeded draws
    Why not have open draws and mix it up
    Filling Croke park is their only priority

What are you on about?

Munster is seeded as well you know. You probably didn't know that though.

Also, have you complained about seeding in Leinster before or just this year?

Your bizarre and incongruous "Super League" jibe screams to me you're one of thos zeitgeist bandwagoner sorts who loves a flavour of the month pile on.

It's not Dublin's fault. But you'll be hard pushed to find anyone who wants to keep the provincials at this point.

Also, that Wicklow are still continuously an embarrassment is down to Wicklow CB and politics. They're shameful.

To be fair we did get promotion last year.

But this is no help at all to us.

To be fair we did get promotion last year.

But this is no help at all to us.

True enough. But I'm speaking historically. But that's a other day's work.

• Advertisement

True enough. But I'm speaking historically. But that's a other day's work.

And it would be a long day :D:D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭roverjoyce

What are you on about?

Munster is seeded as well you know. You probably didn't know that though.

Also, have you complained about seeding in Leinster before or just this year?

Your bizarre and incongruous "Super League" jibe screams to me you're one of thos zeitgeist bandwagoner sorts who loves a flavour of the month pile on.

I have complained about Leinster been the only seeded province.
    Munster wasn't seeded last year when Cork bet Kerry, not sure of this year.

All Leinster HQ care about is the money,
    Try and make sure the final is the strongest teams, to hell with the rest in case they would be there

With an open draw you could have

Louth/Wickow v Carlow/Longford
    &
    Dublin/Meath/Kildare v Offaly/Laois/Westmeath

Imagine what a Leinster final would do for GAA in the first group of teams

Don’t think they’ll necessarily be in CP this year they’d said. Just need 4 dressing rooms.

Wicklow or Wexford drawing Laois or Meath would have the same outcome anyway. Actually Wicklow or Wexford drawing almost anyone probably would too, so I don’t see why there’s a crying match now just because it’s Dublin.

Its not the fact that we might be playing Dublin, its the fact that we should not be playing Dublin.

Wicklow does not play Limerick in the hurling, for a reason. They compete at their own level.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,342 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Players questioning Connacht draw on twitter.

https://twitter.com/emlynmulligan/status/1384236725338198024

rossie1977 wrote: »
    Players questioning Connacht draw on twitter.

https://twitter.com/emlynmulligan/status/1384236725338198024

Something strange there.

Seen someone post a longer clip earlier saying he probably just went again as Marty was still talking.

Something strange there.

Indeed, has anyone in Connacht GAA gave a comment on the matter?

• Advertisement

Something strange there.

To what end and how did he know half way through to drop the ball ?

Advertisement