Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Toyota BZ4x

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,871 ✭✭✭Patser

It's a CHR, that's been slightly squared off.

Love the look of the steering wheel, would look great in a Tornado fighter jet, no way on earth it survives to production.

I just hope it stops the 'self charging hybrid' nonsense.

Wife has a CHR, surprisingly nice car to drive, but dark in back. So if Toyota bring their production quality to BEVs, it should be good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Syrinx

Patser wrote: »

Looks like they'll be using a solar panel for that (I can't post links).

• Registered Users Posts: 21,363 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

looks like the lexus BEV
    Probably uses chademo too!

• Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭JPup

Patser wrote: »
    It's a CHR, that's been slightly squared off.

Love the look of the steering wheel, would look great in a Tornado fighter jet, no way on earth it survives to production.

Wife has a CHR, surprisingly nice car to drive, but dark in back. So if Toyota bring their production quality to BEVs, it should be good

I think it’s RAV4 size rather than CHR

• Registered Users Posts: 1,233 ✭✭✭Orebro

Not sure I'm comfortable with this drive by wire stuff - much more comfortable with the mechanical connection to the steering, it's kind of a critical part you don't want failing due to an electronic component going pop!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,615 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

Orebro wrote: »
    Not sure I'm comfortable with this drive by wire stuff - much more comfortable with the mechanical connection to the steering, it's kind of a critical part you don't want failing due to an electronic component going pop!

Best not drive any car built in the last 10 years so

ELM327 wrote: »
    looks like the lexus BEV
    Probably uses chademo too!

Is chademo the type that's being phased out?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,363 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Yes. It's only on the Leaf now, which is being replaced by the Ariya on CCS. And the lexus UX.

CCS is the EU standard.

ELM327 wrote: »
    CCS is the EU standard.

I was hoping the system on the Lexus would be changed for future models. That's a great pity. I'm very eager to go electric next once work settles down and I know how much driving I'm doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,233 ✭✭✭Orebro

ba_barabus wrote: »
    Best not drive any car built in the last 10 years so

Cars built in the last 10 years don't have steering columns?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,990 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

What is it about a lot of these BEVs, that they have a big flat blank 'wall' for a nose?
    It was understandable on ICE cars, as it needed to accomodate a radiator grill, but why on these BEVs?
    That Toyota looks particularly gruesome!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭Redfox25

I wonder what the price will be like as it looks interesting alright.
    Steering wheel wont make it into the EU i doubt but its great to see another new EV coming our way.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,397 ✭✭✭eagerv

I cannot imagine the production model having the sort of ground clearance as portrayed in the concept. If so, surely interior would be cramped, unless they aren't using a skateboard design.

Orebro wrote: »
    Cars built in the last 10 years don't have steering columns?

A lot of "fly by wire" in one shape or another which is what you said although I appreciate you referenced specifically steering. I was thinking other systems.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,557 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

I think it looks great. Looks like a better looking version of the Rav-4 which is a very classy good looking car anyway.
    I agree the steering wheel will not make it but the rest inside looks great.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭forestgirl

If that the future of motoring I want no part in it

• Registered Users Posts: 15,557 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

forestgirl wrote: »
    If that the future of motoring I want no part in it

@ Forestgirl Sure you stick to your dirty old VWs

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭forestgirl

I'd be more than happy to 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 2 rizwansupra

I Ordered my New electric vehicle Toyota BZ4X with order number Q-000496867 RIZWAN HAFEEZ, i had been waiting for my order nearly 1 year, got a call early this week that car is arriving on 15th Nov so i can come and view the car , I went there yesterday 17th Nov 2022 4:00 pm to view the car, car was shown to me by staff named Mr. Robert Douglas, he has shown zero interest in showing and explaining about the car to me neglecting many of my questions looks like he did not want to sell the car to me at all, after spending about half an hour to view the car on my own , i told Mr. Robert that i would ring him by tomorrow before 2pm after discussing with my wife to arrange payments. He insisted me that i must confirm him now if i am paying for this car now otherwise he can not guarantee of this car. i was surprised to see his behaviour that i had been waiting for this car nearly 1 year and 4 times they gave me date of arrival but never arrived and here he can't even wait for me to finalize things on my end for even 20 hours. I requested him let me get home and talk with my Mrs and arrange payment then i will come back tomorrow before 2pm and i left the garage. Same day i rang Mr.Robert 5:33 pm with in 1 hour of my leaving of the garage , i requested him to send me final invoice for the vehicle with account details so that i arrange payment. I got a shocking reply from Mr. Robert starting with a laugh and he told me that car is sold , i asked him that it is not even 1 hours since i left and i requested for time till 2pm tomorrow and he replied me that he cant help me in this matter at all , he asked me to provide my card details for refund which i refused to take refund as i told him i will fight for this case to every forum till i get justice on this matter

This was shocking behaviour of any staff member from such good reputation garage was a horrible experience of my life..

I would raise this matter to every forum and to toyota head office and wont take refund back till this whole matter sorted out in a proper manners

• Registered Users Posts: 2 rizwansupra

I Ordered my New electric vehicle Toyota BZ4X with order number <<SNIP>>, i had been waiting for my order nearly 1 year, got a call early this week that car is arriving on 15th Nov so i can come and view the car , I went there yesterday 17th Nov 2022 4:00 pm to view the car, car was shown to me by staff <<SNIP>>, he has shown zero interest in showing and explaining about the car to me neglecting many of my questions looks like he did not want to sell the car to me at all, after spending about half an hour to view the car on my own , i told him that i would ring him by tomorrow before 2pm after discussing with my wife to arrange payments. He insisted me that i must confirm him now if i am paying for this car now otherwise he can not guarantee of this car. i was surprised to see his behaviour that i had been waiting for this car nearly 1 year and 4 times they gave me date of arrival but never arrived and here he can't even wait for me to finalize things on my end for even 20 hours. I requested him let me get home and talk with my Mrs and arrange payment then i will come back tomorrow before 2pm and i left the garage. Same day i rang 5:33 pm with in 1 hour of my leaving of the garage , i requested him to send me final invoice for the vehicle with account details so that i arrange payment. I got a shocking reply from him starting with a laugh and he told me that car is sold , i asked him that it is not even 1 hours since i left and i requested for time till 2pm tomorrow and he replied me that he cant help me in this matter at all , he asked me to provide my card details for refund which i refused to take refund as i told him i will fight for this case to every forum till i get justice on this matter

This was shocking behaviour of any staff member from such good reputation garage was a horrible experience of my life..

I would raise this matter to every forum and to toyota head office and wont take refund back till this whole matter sorted out in a proper manners

Mod Note: Removed individual info

Post edited by liamog on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,739 ✭✭✭CoBo55

Mod Note: Quote removed to address individuals info

You got a luck escape, get your deposit back and buy something decent. The reviews of them are terrible.

Post edited by liamog on

• Registered Users Posts: 10,822 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

I don't think this is the right thread for this, but anyway here's my thoughts

Just to confirm, you had ordered the car, paid a deposit and then when you asked for a few hours to arrange payment they sold your car?

Out of curiosity, was your response along the lines of "I don't know if I want the car" or more like "I want the car, it will take me a while to arrange payment"?

I get the impression it was the second one but just wanted to be sure

In either case, it's pretty poor behaviour. My guess is that the salesman knew he could sell the car for more than you were paying so he essentially forced you into a situation where you "refused" payment when requested and as such you forfeited your reservation

It's a horrible way to treat customers, but demand for EVs are so strong that salesperson can literally slap their customers in the face and expect a thank you when the keys are handed over

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Registered Users Posts: 2,197 ✭✭✭Miscreant

@rizwansupra I understand you are annoyed at this, but I would be inclined to remove any identifiable information from your post instead of splattering all your details and that of the dealer/salesman all over the internet. If the whole interaction went down in the way you have described, it is indeed a disgrace and something that Toyota Ireland and the owner of the dealership should be informed about.

If this whole thing were to go the legal route, you have no idea what the consequences of posting identifiable information on the internet may be.

Just my two cents, I am not a lawyer.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,013 ✭✭✭Casati

• Registered Users Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭carsfan2

A quick google of the sales man’s name would indicate that is correct.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

• Registered Users Posts: 4,397 ✭✭✭eagerv

Car looks smart but I think the black funny shapes on front looks a bit odd. Probably one of the few cars I would pick a dark colour..😊

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Same here. The large plastic panels over the wheels look off to me on the lighter colours.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,197 ✭✭✭Miscreant

Saw one is these this morning near the Square in Tallaght. It is smaller than I expected and looks to be only a little larger than the C-HR.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,384 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Saw one of these mythical creatures out in the wild at the weekend - they do exist 😁 and are in the hands of customers. Only got to take a nosey as I walked around one parked on the street.

The looks are very polarising (like marmite-level polarising). I can't say I like it - the plastic trim outside, the styling and shape just don't sit well with me for an expensive enough EV. I saw one in white.

For a similar size car I prefer the looks of EV6 and even the ioniq 5 (although I'm only 50:50 on the looks of the ioniq).

Advertisement