Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Put on Wage Subsidy Scheme - Will this affect mortgage application?

Options
167891012»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭mrbrightside11

If you don't mind can I ask which bank?

Of course, PTSB and BOI, our broker is now in the process of reaching out to KBC too

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Covid21

Did anyone on here have any success drawing down there mortgage while one or both applicants are availing of EWSS?

The banks are saying they are taking it case by case but I’m yet to hear anyone that had any success actually drawing down and getting the money into there account.

AIP doesn’t count and I’m talking about the EWSS scheme not the PUP

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭greengrass88

Covid21 wrote: »
    Did anyone on here have any success drawing down there mortgage while one or both applicants are availing of EWSS?

The banks are saying they are taking it case by case but I’m yet to hear anyone that had any success actually drawing down and getting the money into there account.

AIP doesn’t count and I’m talking about the EWSS scheme not the PUP

I haven't heard cases were both applicants were on the ewss and allowed drawdown. I have heard of a very limited amount of people being allowed if one applicant out of the 2 is on ewss. I think it will depend on the sector you work in as well.

Just saw this article in the news this morning about the ewss being extended https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.irishtimes.com/business/economy/new-financial-supports-for-businesses-hit-by-lockdown-varadkar-says-1.4477468%3fmode=amp

Just to let you all know in the end we were successful drawing down while my partners Employer was availing of the EWSS. We provided a letter from my partners company stating that the company is financially stable and that job is not reliant on still receiving the payments. We were with PTSB. There is some hope :)

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭cubatahavana

Just to let you all know in the end we were successful drawing down while my partners Employer was availing of the EWSS. We provided a letter from my partners company stating that the company is financially stable and that job is not reliant on still receiving the payments. We were with PTSB. There is some hope :)

Really happy for you

• Advertisement

Hope you don't mind me asking...what did ptsb say re subsidy in your aip? We have just got aip from them (I'm on ewss, partner is not) and one of the conditions within the aip document was that my employer is not availing of any subsidy for us to go to loan offer. Just wondering was your aip the same?

Hope you don't mind me asking...what did ptsb say re subsidy in your aip? We have just got aip from them (I'm on ewss, partner is not) and one of the conditions within the aip document was that my employer is not availing of any subsidy for us to go to loan offer. Just wondering was your aip the same?

Yes our AIP stated the same and at loan offer stage they requested letters from our employers asking for proof that they were not availing of any subsidy which is were the issue arose

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭Dolbhad

We went with Ulster bank last year. All they required from us for loan offer and draw down was payslip showing we were not on the covid payment. Their salary cert’s last year did not ask for employer to confirm they are not on a covid payment.

They didn’t require any letters from employers confirming it. As people know, payslips won’t show if you were on a covid payment. There is also the possibility the people could be on it and an an employer may not tell you and you wouldn’t know.

So if you are on a payment and want to move on with a house try Ulster Bank. Also last month had a friend move job in the middle of an application. He didn’t know this was a big no no and he was on probation. Ulster bank accepted it and let them drawn down on probation.

I just think they are relaxed now as leaving Ireland.

Yes our AIP stated the same and at loan offer stage they requested letters from our employers asking for proof that they were not availing of any subsidy which is were the issue arose

Thanks for the reply! How were ptsb when that issue arose and how did you approach things to get them to change their minds? I was annoyed when I saw that in the aip as I thought it would be an absolute no from them from there on but perhaps they are willing to reconsider!

Advertisement