Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Job Seekers Allowance

Options
  • 19-04-2021 12:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭

This morning my employer advised me that from May he will be putting me on the Temporary Wage Subsidy Scheme of €350.00 per week and advised me that working days will be cut to two and a half days a week from five days. He said that these days would be five half days. Does anyone know if I would be entitled to Job Seekers for the time I am not working. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,720 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

shoes43 wrote: »
    This morning my employer advised me that from May he will be putting me on the Temporary Wage Subsidy Scheme of €350.00 per week and advised me that working days will be cut to two and a half days a week from five days. He said that these days would be five half days. Does anyone know if I would be entitled to Job Seekers for the time I am not working. Thanks

No entitled to JSA if you are working more than 3 days per week.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,562 ✭✭✭Allinall

The TWSS ended on 31st August 2020, so your employer can't "put you on it".

Is he suggesting that you claim the PUP?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭nibtrix

Allinall wrote: »
    The TWSS ended on 31st August 2020, so your employer can't "put you on it".

Is he suggesting that you claim the PUP?

The TWSS was replaced with the EWSS which is currently scheduled to run until the end of June - https://www.revenue.ie/en/employing-people/ewss/index.aspx

The Wage Subsidy scheme doesn't appear on your payslip anymore, it's just a subsidy that the employer gets. You are basically being dropped to part-time work and the fact that your employer is claiming the subsidy is irrelevant really.

As Mrs OBumble said:
    No entitled to JSA if you are working more than 3 days per week.

You should ask if you can work 2.5 days together and then I think you should be able to claim JSA for the other days.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭Deeec

Is he only going to pay you for the 2.5 days worked. Under the EWSS he may still pay you for the 5 days but he only needs you to work 2.5 days. You should clarify this with them first.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭shoes43

nibtrix wrote: »
    The Wage Subsidy scheme doesn't appear on your payslip anymore, it's just a subsidy that the employer gets. You are basically being dropped to part-time work and the fact that your employer is claiming the subsidy is irrelevant really.

You should ask if you can work 2.5 days together and then I think you should be able to claim JSA for the other days.

Thanks for the replies - apologises it is the EWSS he will be applying for. He has also said that if needs be I can work the 2.5 days together if that is the only way I can claim jobseekers or if I am not entitled to jobseekers he will have me work 5 half days.

Thanks for the replies - apologises it is the EWSS he will be applying for. He has also said that if needs be I can work the 2.5 days together if that is the only way I can claim jobseekers or if I am not entitled to jobseekers he will have me work 5 half days.

Check out the Citizens Information pages about social welfare and Covid - https://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/social_welfare/covid19_and_social_welfare.html#l56e09

The section on Jobseekers Allowance includes the following:
    If the number of days you work have decreased, you may be entitled to Short Time Work Support. You must be unemployed for 3 days per week (excluding Sunday) to qualify for this. You can get this even if your employer is paying you through the Employment Wage Subsidy Scheme (EWSS).

The Short Time Work Support info is here - https://www.gov.ie/en/service/c20e1b-short-time-work-support/

Advertisement