Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Contractor Rates

• 18-04-2021 2:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭

I am an I.T. contractor coming up to my first anniversary working for a major Financial Services sector. My expectation is that the contract will be renewed for a further year.
    The contract is through one of the major Recruitment Companies i.e. I invoice the recruitment company who in turn (after adding a mark-up!) will invoice the F.S. company.
    My question is - what generally would this mark-up tend to be. For instance if I was charging €300 per day what would the recruitment company likely be charging. I would like to have an idea so I know what wriggle room I have to negotiate an increase in the contract renewal.
    Ta

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,414 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

Whatever they can get away with - 10% - 30% - 50%.... more.

But your wriggling room is going to be based directly on who valuable you are to the client company. Don't expect that the agency will be willing to swallow any part of the increase unless they are in danger of loosing the client. Their pitch to the client will be: we have Mick who is going to cost you 20% extra or we have these two others Pat and Mary with the same skill set at a lower rate... You need a client that will say sod Pat and Mary, I want Mick and if I don't get him I'll consider other options...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,506 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

My guy charges 12%.
    10% seems to be the bare minimum, upper bound is as Jim says, whatever they think they can get away with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 79 ✭✭Dublin Lad2021

I'm an on site Recruitment partner (RPO agreement) we charge a 60% mark up, don't ask me how we get away with it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,084 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

I'm an on site Recruitment partner (RPO agreement) we charge a 60% mark up, don't ask me how we get away with it

Are the people your employees, and you assume liability for redundancy if the client no longer wants them? That would explain it ...

Advertisement