Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 Scratch Cups

Options
  • 12-04-2020 6:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭

If you know of any clubs Scratch Cups in 2020 can people add them here?
    Hopefully clubs will be open by Mid-late May :)

Lucan Gc - Jnr & Senior (36 Holes). 3rd May. Visitors €35 (Postponed/Cancelled)
    Powerscourt Gc - Senior Scratch (36 Holes). 3rd May. Visitors €45 (Postponed/Cancelled)
    Heritage Gc - Intermediate Scratch (18 Holes). 4th May. Visitors €35 (Postponed/Cancelled)
    Mount Juliet - Jnr Scratch (18 Holes). 17th July. Visitors €70

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭Benicetomonty

jams100 wrote: »
    Hopefully clubs will be open by Mid-late May :)

Powerscourt Gc - Senior Scratch (36 Holes). 3rd May. Visitors €45 (Postponed/Cancelled)
    Heritage Gc - Intermediate Scratch (18 Holes). 4th May. Visitors €35 (Postponed/Cancelled)

Lucan had been reduced to 18 holes before the outbreak and I expect it will remain so if it is rescheduled.

Thats a big if. Even if we get competitive golf by June, clubs will have a massive amount of fixtures to catch up on. Theyl also be scrambling to get green fees and societies on the course to try and recover financially, so I can see a lot of scratch cups falling by the wayside

• Registered Users Posts: 48,742 ✭✭✭✭Wichita Lineman

25/26 July 2020
    Moate Golf Club Scratch Cups - €15 for visitors.

"Syncom UK" Junior Scratch Cup 4-9
    "Plan A Life insurance" Intermediate Scratch Cup 10-18
    "D&B Fitted Furniture" Minor Scratch Cup 19-28*

http://www.brsgolf.com/moate/visitor_menu.php

101695562_3350280265006012_3998001179706523648_o.jpg?_nc_cat=100&_nc_sid=cdbe9c&_nc_oc=AQl7dG66i6HSC7nGr3N90n7w2n_HtAALkSkaouXj5dfQQu3ECLR91nQEOiseEVaDQ1M&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub3-1.fna&oh=e4c1f964de7be69c0b80fae12b9f8f73&oe=5F2E60C8

https://www.facebook.com/events/280547279943139/?acontext=%7B%22event_action_history%22%3A[%7B%22mechanism%22%3A%22page_admin_consolidated_entry_buttons_row%22%2C%22surface%22%3A%22page%22%7D%2C%7B%22mechanism%22%3A%22surface%22%2C%22surface%22%3A%22create_dialog%22%7D]%7D

*HC over 28 can play but must play off 28.

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Golfhead65

Just sent you a pm about what we were talking about, I've just sent out a text to our group about scr cups so I'll be back to you

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭jams100

Hopefully clubs will be open by Mid-late May

Moate - Jnr/Senior/Intermediate (18 Holes). 25th/26th July. Visitors €15

• Registered Users Posts: 971 ✭✭✭paulos53

Moate - Jnr/Senior/Intermediate (18 Holes). 25th/26th July. Visitors €15
    Castlemartyr - Junior/Intermediate/Minor (18 Holes) 31st July, August 1st & 2nd. Visitors €35

EcdRlnzWoAEwjwC?format=jpg&name=medium

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Kingswood Rover

Blessington Lakes Junior, Inter and Minor Scr cups are on the 5th and 6th of September. 15 Euro for those visiting the "Blessed Nine"

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭Rippeditup

Balbriggan SC today..

Fancy myself with some of the scores in both, would have expected much better scoring in today’s conditions.. if I was betting It would be on Robbie Cannon to wrap it up in RD 2

Balbriggan SC today..

Fancy myself with some of the scores in both, would have expected much better scoring in today’s conditions.. if I was betting It would be on Robbie Cannon to wrap it up in RD 2

Balbriggan SC today..

Fancy myself with some of the scores in both, would have expected much better scoring in todayS
    s conditions.. if I was betting It would be on Robbie Cannon to wrap it up in RD 2

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭rickis tache

Galway bay golf resorts senior, junior and intermediate on this Sunday. 40 euro.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Golfhead65

Blessington lakes have a Junior, Inter and Minor Scr cups on this Sunday 12th September for anyone who thinks they're up to it, if I'm not mistaken I think it's Blue tees for Junior and comp tees for inter and minor

• Registered Users Posts: 13,010 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

Golfhead65 wrote: »
    Blessington lakes have a Junior, Inter and Minor Scr cups on this Sunday 12th September for anyone who thinks they're up to it, if I'm not mistaken I think it's Blue tees for Junior and comp tees for inter and minor
    Trying to ensure that you win this? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Gel21

Newlands Junior/senior scratch cup on Saturday the 26th of September

• Registered Users Posts: 517 ✭✭✭benji79

I was wondering how will scratch cups work under the new handicap system, will it effect it much?

If players are different handicap in different courses will there be confusion

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭WH BONNEY

No confusion, entry will be based on your WHS handicap index .

So when you see a scratch cup advertised it will state the lowest and highest WHS eligible for a particular event.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭gypsy79

ANyone idea if the limits will change?

Actually guessing from team comps that Junior has gone to 3.5

• Registered Users Posts: 517 ✭✭✭benji79

WH BONNEY wrote: »
    No confusion, entry will be based on your WHS handicap index .

So when you see a scratch cup advertised it will state the lowest and highest WHS eligible for a particular event.

Could your eligibility be different for certain courses? Is is just your handicap index you work off? Or does the course handicap come into play

For example someone is handicap index 8.0

A scratch cup starts at 10 handicap

The person has a course handicap of 10 for that particular course, are they eligible?

Sorry if these are silly questions, just trying to get fully familiar with the new change

• Registered Users Posts: 2,884 ✭✭✭DuckSlice

Anyone know of any in the Connaught region planned for the summer?

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭WH BONNEY

benji79 wrote: »
    Could your eligibility be different for certain courses? Is is just your handicap index you work off? Or does the course handicap come into play

For example someone is handicap index 8.0

A scratch cup starts at 10 handicap

The person has a course handicap of 10 for that particular course, are they eligible?

Sorry if these are silly questions, just trying to get fully familiar with the new change

WHS handicap index dictates your eligibility, course handicap doesn't come into play.

In your example above a competition would not start at 10 handicap but it may however start at handicap index 10.

After the event course handicap will come into play when the organisers are calculating the net results for the scratch cup.

Advertisement