Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Can electric scooter be used Manually?

Options
  • 17-04-2021 11:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 21

As per above I have an old broken electric scooter, just a thought if I can remove motor hub n battery so I can use it as a non electric kick scooter for bit of exercise? I prefer the comfort and pneumatic wheels

Thanks for ur input in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Don't see why not.

When I used to get the train there were one or two using manual adult scooters.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 accord2001

beauf wrote: »
    Don't see why not.

When I used to get the train there were one or two using manual adult scooters.

Sorry I was referring to electric scooter if it can be converted back to a manual scooter

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭KaneToad

I don't have one but logic dictates that something connects the motor to the wheels to drive them.
    Remove that and the wheels will spin freely.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Yes you can but just be aware that electric scooters are alot heavier than manual scooters. You also need to check the braking system that the wheels arent electronically brake assisted too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

accord2001 wrote: »
    Sorry I was referring to electric scooter if it can be converted back to a manual scooter

I know. I said I don't see why not. Maybe if you gave the model name and number people could have a look and see if there any issues with that model.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,184 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

I’m not sure any scooter is really designed to be driven by your hands.

Advertisement