Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Creating remote Mac workstation

• 17-04-2021 2:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Maybe someone here can help me. At the moment I am working from home so I have my stationary Mac here. I am allowed to travel abroad for vacation and then work from there for few more weeks. I have MacBook Pro 17", but I would like to have a back up with me in case it breaks down.

So the best for me would be just buying the smallest MacBook and a compatible with it monitor of different company, so I would have this monitor abroad permanently while travelling only with my notebooks.

So my questions are:

1. What is a real difference between MacBook Air and MacBook Pro? If difference is not significant, so I would prefer a cheaper option. I would go for 13" option because I would use it as a computer for a bigger monitor.

2. Which 21" monitor would be compatible with any of the above. I don't want bigger than 24" monitor because I don't need it and don't like working on them but I guess it is difficult to find 21" monitor nowadays, but if basic stationary Mac is 21", so why not? This monitor I would like in 300 euro budget max.

3. And a dream question: maybe there is 21" portable monitor available compatible with Mac?

Comments

Advertisement