Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Personality Psychometric Test..

• 17-04-2021 4:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭

Any thoughts on the above? Any advice? Have to complete one myself...I know they say ‘there is no right or wrong answer’ but not sure that is true...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭OMM 0000

What is the job?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭irishguy1983

OMM 0000 wrote: »
    What is the job?

Working in finance....Pharma company...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,317 ✭✭✭gameoverdude

I've done a few of these tests of late and "passed" them. Just be honest. Over thinking too much of what you think the right answers maybe will drive you nuts. I presume you know the job, expectations...so just put down what you are like. What level of seniority is it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭OMM 0000

Working in finance....Pharma company...

OK. So they probably want someone boring, stable, predictable, honest, detail oriented, risk averse. If I would you I'd tailor my answers towards that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 mikek1

If it's a really good psychometric test it will be structured in such a way that it will give a good assessment of your personality even if you try to give the answers that "they want". I've done tests with people who tried to manipulate the outcome many times and they always failed in their endeavours. Admittedly the tests that were used were very good and not all tests are equal but it's probably sensible to relax, give honest answers and trust that your results will reflect your aptitude for the job.

In my experience psych tests are usually so accurate that it's scary and if someone shows up as not having an aptitude they end up being unhappy in the job if they get it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 79 ✭✭Dublin Lad2021

I think you can Google this, can't necessarily Google how to pass this specific one. Make sure to keep your concentration up and try not not to undermine yourself or give answers that contradict with other answers you've given earlier in the evaluation

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

These 'psychometric' personality tests are pure quackery and a tool for lazy HR people. The results are about as reliable as a horoscope in a red-top. You'll recognize some alleged traits in the results, but that's because they're sufficiently vaguely written.

(Somewhat*) reliable clinical personality tests do exist, but they're administered and interpreted by clinical psychologists - not someone with a part-time diploma in HR from Athlone IT - and take hours to do and include interview portions.

Extremely silly that companies hire/exclude on the basis of these marketing gimmicks. Totally unscientific.

*Even then, clinical psychologists will say they come with a health warning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭ari101

As silly as they might seem, if a company uses them, and you want a job ...

It's not good to aim to answer in what you think might be the perfect way, but we are often aware of areas where our true answer won't fit to the job (like saying you hate repetitive work but you are applying for factory line job, ok, so don't apply for that job but... ;-)). So we might say we like something we don't, but the important thing if you are doing that is to be consistent and not too perfect ... Lying the whole way through these becomes obvious but a slightly different answer here and there can get by.

Advertisement