Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Helen McCrory RIP

Options
  • 16-04-2021 5:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭

Confirmed by her husband Damian Lewis on Twitter after a battle with cancer.

I hadn't been all that familiar with Helen until a couple of years ago where she played a stormer in Season 2 of Penny Dreadful. Of course she's known for other stuff like Peaky Blinders and Harry Potter.

Such a sad loss at 52.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭Homelander

Loved her in Penny Dreadful. She's obviously great in plenty of other things, but that one always sticks out for me. That's terrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭MfMan

Was very good as Cherie Blair in The Queen, alongside Michael Sheen, who was even better again as her husband.

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭SupaCat95

A terrible loss taken far too young, she had so many more great roles to play. She play great roles and entertained a generation of Harry potter fans. She will be greatly missed particularly by me for playing Aunt Pol in Peaky Blinders.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Possibly one of my favourite scenes ever is in PB when herself and Tommy go to the nuns at the start of season 5.

She was an absolute powerhouse in the series. Super super actor.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

RIP
    She was excellent also in Roadkill and MotherFatherSon

• Advertisement
Advertisement