Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metallica Superthread -All Metallica discussion goes in here

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,805 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Dave was a punk and bostaph likes jazz and it shows in their playing and that’s why Dave wins for me

Bostaph is tidy though, but Lombardo is just something else, seen him play with fantomas years ago, Jesus he's just incredible

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Finally got a decent price AJFA Box set from a metclub member, ironically also in Ireland, should be here this week, cannot wait to crank up Seattle

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Lithium93_ wrote: »

I didn't wanna pay that much, my limit was 100k but i couldnt resist

• Registered Users Posts: 9,952 ✭✭✭Degag

Was it Kirk who sold it?

Odd if it was IMO, hardly like he needs the money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,487 ✭✭✭✭klose

Degag wrote: »
    Was it Kirk who sold it?

Odd if it was IMO, hardly like he needs the money.

Probably sold it as it was collecting dust, when was the last time he used anything other than an ibanez or his les Paul?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

klose wrote: »
    Probably sold it as it was collecting dust, when was the last time he used anything other than an ibanez or his les Paul?

He rarely uses Ibanez...

Was he in possession of that strat that sold though? Feels like it was just sitting in a warehouse somewhere

• Registered Users Posts: 11,487 ✭✭✭✭klose

feylya wrote: »
    He rarely uses Ibanez...

Was he in possession of that strat that sold though? Feels like it was just sitting in a warehouse somewhere

Ah yes you are right, esps isn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Definitely not ibanez

Reading mustaines book , rust in peace , still hard to fathom he depended on Metallica publishing up as far as rust in peace , the two Dave’s were f**ked up guys

• Advertisement

Yup, since around the Justice era. Lovely instruments.

ESP have completely left the off the shelf market now , only LTD seems to available these days. I recall the ec models costing €1300 now they seem to be a custom brand. Most metal bands use Ltd models

ESP have completely left the off the shelf market now , only LTD seems to available these days. I recall the ec models costing €1300 now they seem to be a custom brand. Most metal bands use Ltd models

They rebranded the Japanese factory stuff to E-II, and the expensive stuff is ESP

feylya wrote: »
    They rebranded the Japanese factory stuff to E-II, and the expensive stuff is ESP

I have an Edwards les Paul (john Sykes) and it looks like they were forced to change the shape of the headstock a few years back (mine is Gibson shaped) and since then the 2nd hand value if mine seems to be rising ;) ...I just watch for fun though it’s not worth selling

• Registered Users Posts: 10,218 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

I have an Edwards les Paul (john Sykes) and it looks like they were forced to change the shape of the headstock a few years back (mine is Gibson shaped) and since then the 2nd hand value if mine seems to be rising ;) ...I just watch for fun though it’s not worth selling

Pic !! PLEASE !!!!! :D

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... "

greenspurs wrote: »
    Pic !! PLEASE !!!!! :D

Stuck in hospital at the min but I’ll get you something

Stuck in hospital at the min but I’ll get you something

fcuking excuses! :D

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    fcuking excuses! :D

That’s obv a tuner on the headstock

Getting rid of the Seymour Duncan’s and replacing them with more traditional bare knuckle les Paul pickups

That’s obv a tuner on the headstock

Getting rid of the Seymour Duncan’s and replacing them with more traditional bare knuckle les Paul pickups

jesus thats lovely, have a custom myself

jesus thats lovely, have a custom myself

The Edwards is a bit lighter than a custom but plays great. The new ones have a chunk missing from the headstock probably after a word from Gibson:)

• Advertisement

The Edwards is a bit lighter than a custom but plays great

the customs a fcuking brute of a yoke, couldnt imagine doing a whole gig with one

The Edwards is a bit lighter than a custom but plays great. The new ones have a chunk missing from the headstock probably after a word from Gibson:)

Any pics ?? :)

Any pics ?? :)

unsure if thats for me, but i actually dont have any pics, must pull it out, no longer play it, im all acoustic these days, its just the standard black beauty. i ll pull it out when i get a chance, and take some pics, its in bad need of work tbh

this is currently what im drooling over

this is currently what im drooling over

Wow that is striking

Wow that is striking

yea its stunning, too bloody expensive though, you d be lucky to get one for 6/7k, havent seen holt play it much either

I like the black with gold trim on the esp’s . Interesting about holt , players tend to use the LTDs as workhorses.

I like the black with gold trim on the esp’s . Interesting about holt , players tend to use the LTDs as workhorses.

i think esp are producing far superior guitars over gibson, a fella wanted to buy mine recently, i told him not to bother with gibson, the eclipse is far superior, so thats what hes doing. holt plays his ltd's probably more so than his esps, im very tempted to buy one

i think esp are producing far superior guitars over gibson, a fella wanted to buy mine recently, i told him not to bother with gibson, the eclipse is far superior, so thats what hes doing. holt plays his ltd's probably more so than his esps, im very tempted to buy one

The ESP is far superior , I’d rather a passive rock guitar than active metal though , far more range

• Advertisement

Since we're talking about guitars

550295.jpg

Advertisement