Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Woodbrook Square, Porterstown, Dublin 15

Options
  • 15-04-2021 5:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

Looking at this area to buy. Just wanted to check if anyone has experience with it? Is it safe & is there many facilities/shops in Coolmine/Castleknock?

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭ChannelNo5

You might get more info on the Dublin 15 forum? For starters Woodbrook is nowhere near Castleknock really. its closer to Clonsilla and probably even Blanchardstown village and the Centre. Nearest shops would be in Clonsilla village.
    I looked at a place to buy there but found that a lot of the places were rented and turn over of residents was high. the place i looked at was fine if i recall. Big enough and communal areas in good enough condition. I felt it wasn't for me, but that's just personal. This was about 3 years ago now though so somebody may have more accurate/up to date information.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭niniboots

Woodbrook is fine, but yes it is mostly rented and not owner occupied. It's the very edge of Carpenterstown mapping, cross the bridge and your in Clonsilla all fine areas. Carpenterstown is largely families and mix of professionals, the nearer you move to Castleknock the more prices rise, the village in Castleknock is border the far end and it stretched in mapping partly due to greedy builders who added to their pockets by marketing it Castleknock. Porterstown the original area is from Castleknock Hotel, to end of Traffic lights at the school just before the woodbrook development. Anyone living in Porterstown tends to get quiet specific as this was originally 10 cottages (over 100 years old), a church and fields, the address was always Porterstown, Clonsilla D15 but again it changed to incorporate new developments. Clonsilla village is fine, there are areas near Blanchardstown Centre which historically were classed as lower socio economic and had high levels of poverty. Again like every area there are a mix of families, mix of issues and mostly it's people trying to get by as best they can. The apartments are priced well for the area, the Carpenterstown area itself is very safe.

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭FrankN1

Anyone know anything about Annfield Crescent, Castleknock, Dublin 15?

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭niniboots

As above, Annfield is a mix of apartments and town house in Carpenterstown. It's fine but pretty built up, friend is owner but renting unit out so again you will get a mix owner occupied/renters. The far side of Annfield opens to porterstown Road & there is church, pitches and walking paths if you cross the road. If you take a drive around you can see allocated parking but I'm aware visitors parking an issue as the roads are narrow in the estate.

The opposite side of estate backs onto Carpenterstown Road, fairly busy traffic wise. Secondary school and primary school traffic as there are 4 in close proximity. Its a safe and nice area.

Not sure if you are looking at apartment, duplex or townhouse. The duplex have issues with roof decking which on my friends was rotted and needed work.

I'm always wary with the Castleknock post code, it's a stretch but in mapping terms its right on the far border nearer to clonsilla village.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 kiferea

Fernleigh, Annfield and Woodbrook are all nice, safe , family friendly areas. We live in the area for 6 years and I would highly recommend it. The area has everything - bus, train, schools, easy access to town, shopping centres, nice pubs and places to eat. Westmanstown Gym is nearby and Flyfit in Coolmine. Never had problems with neighbors, quality of housing/roof or parking issues

• Advertisement
Advertisement