Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

FF/FG/Green Government - Part 3 - Threadbanned User List in OP

• 15-04-2021 6:54pm
    Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Following on from this thread

Threadbans carry over

Please remain civil or posting privileges will be removed

I have updated the OP of this thread with a list of threadbanned users, I would advise posters to check on this before posting in the thread again or a forum sanction will be imposed for breaching same.

If you want to discuss your threadban feel free to PM the banning mod (or myself if you can't remember who that is and I'll point you in the right direction).

Threadbanned Users:
    JohnnyFlash
    Dundalkfc10
    Truthvader
    Yurt!
    CrazyFather1
    smurgen
    Brendan Bendar
    costacorta
    Marine Layer
    blanch152lifted 10/01/22
    RandomViewer
    malk518
    Suckit
    skimpydoo
    A_Jez_Howaya
    WishUWereHere
    Post edited by Ten of Swords on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,560 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

FFGG are doing a great job!

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Site Banned Posts: 71 ✭✭TheTruth21

Why have posts been deleted but one i am warned still aable to be viewed?

TheTruth21 wrote: »

It’s the Illuminati, dude.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Mod:

Seeing as you want to continue to discuss moderation on thread, you are now threadbanned.

Post here again and it's a forum ban.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

Great to see all the positive news, after a tough few days of news about the AstraZeneca and J&J vaccines. Looking forward to a professional haircut in a few weeks :)

https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/health/phenomenal-achievement-donnelly-says-as-22pc-drop-in-covid-case-numbers-confirmed-by-nphet-40316809.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,524 ✭✭✭Floppybits

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

Floppybits wrote: »

Aren't they lucky they're still in the UK?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

Great data in this infographic from the DOH. 0 nursing home outbreaks, very low cases in healthcare workers and over 80s. Lowest in hospital in over 6 months.

Very positive for the continued reopening in early May.

https://twitter.com/newschambers/status/1382766267015307270?s=19

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

TheTruth21's threadban lifted after discussion with poster

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭Finty Lemon

Aren't they lucky they're still in the UK?

Maybe we should rejoin the motherland

• Advertisement

Bubbaclaus wrote: »
    Great data in this infographic from the DOH. 0 nursing home outbreaks, very low cases in healthcare workers and over 80s. Lowest in hospital in over 6 months.

Very positive for the continued reopening in early May.

https://twitter.com/newschambers/status/1382766267015307270?s=19

Good stuff, please god it keeps going

https://twitter.com/gavreilly/status/1382769038502289408?s=19

Mandotary Quarantine is a waste of time we were told

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 Monkey arris

Bubbaclaus wrote: »
    Great to see all the positive news, after a tough few days of news about the AstraZeneca and J&J vaccines. Looking forward to a professional haircut in a few weeks :)

https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/health/phenomenal-achievement-donnelly-says-as-22pc-drop-in-covid-case-numbers-confirmed-by-nphet-40316809.html

The public seem to be behaving. Good on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,154 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Let's be clear on this, SF, Labour and the SDs were pooh-poohing concerns raised by FG about mandatory hotel quarantine being in breach of EU law (as was I raising them). Now we see that the EU Commission is investigating Ireland for this.

I hope the Government learns the lesson not to listen to populist nonsense from the opposition. They were weak to do so on this issue. We also have constitutional challenges weaving their way through the courts.

This was all predictable and predicted by me. The only thing is at least the government had the right intention, the opposition following the mob are beneath contempt.

And how pointless it will be when some idiot flies into Belfast and travels South bringing a new variant with him.

blanch152 wrote: »
    Let's be clear on this, SF, Labour and the SDs were pooh-poohing concerns raised by FG about mandatory hotel quarantine being in breach of EU law (as was I raising them). Now we see that the EU Commission is investigating Ireland for this.

I hope the Government learns the lesson not to listen to populist nonsense from the opposition. They were weak to do so on this issue. We also have constitutional challenges weaving their way through the courts.

This was all predictable and predicted by me. The only thing is at least the government had the right intention, the opposition following the mob are beneath contempt.

And how pointless it will be when some idiot flies into Belfast and travels South bringing a new variant with him.

The random nature of the selection of countries is why the Commission complained, not the scheme itself!
    Just put them all on the list

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭CDarby

The bold boys made us do it won't wash
    Besides a govt introducing things based on what the opposition say, makes them not only a spineless govt, but populous govt too.

CDarby wrote: »
    The bold boys made us do it won't wash
    Besides a govt introducing things based on what the opposition say, makes them not only a spineless govt, but populous govt too.

Well yes, I am criticising them for listening to the populist mob-following opposition. Hopefully they learn their lesson.

Nonsense. NPHET called for it in May 2020. Nearly a year ago. They had a year to get the legal and process and planning right and they failed as per usual. I think they are more worried about optics than governance. It's just more chaos.

Nonsense. NPHET called for it in May 2020. Nearly a year ago. They had a year to get the legal and process and planning right and they failed as per usual. I think they are more worried about optics than governance. It's just more chaos.

If it turns out to be unconstitutional or against EU law, are you saying they should have had a referendum or an Irexit?

• Advertisement

If it turns out to be unconstitutional or against EU law, are you saying they should have had a referendum or an Irexit?

If my auntie had balls she would be my uncle.

The key word in my sentence is 'planning'. When making plans you normally look at the risks, the possible pitfalls, the potential blockers. If legality was a risk, they had nearly a year to figure it out. They didn't and they will look extremely foolish if they have to scrap it. Extremely foolish. Extremely incompetent.

The key word in my sentence is 'planning'. When making plans you normally look at the risks, the possible pitfalls, the potential blockers. If legality was a risk, they had nearly a year to figure it out. They didn't and they will look extremely foolish if they have to scrap it. Extremely foolish. Extremely incompetent.

How do you plan for something that might be unconstitutional or against EU law?

You can't just figure that out.

How do you plan for something that might be unconstitutional or against EU law?

You can't just figure that out.

What are you waffling about? If they can figure out if it's legally sound now, they could have figured it out well before now i.e. during the concept/planning phase. You're not making any sense. This is basic stuff. You ask the relevant legal experts. Ah stop, if there is a climbdown on MHQ, they will never live it down.

I know, they will blame the variants for making it illegal all of a sudden.

The realities are the realities. We have done an excellent job so far in this pandemic. Income supports are amongst the highest in Europe (think Finland might be higher?), death rates are well below average; our vaccine rollout is slightly ahead of the EU average, and we all have to deal with supply issues; our economy was the only one to post a growth despite lockdown.

The mandatory quarantine was a serious error though, and we have to look at FF populism for making that happen. Simon Coveney came out strongly against it, and we really all should listen to what that chap has to say about things.

We have a border with NI, and I'm sure we have to deal with the realities that we won't be putting every arrival over the border into the Four Seasons in Monaghan Town.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,916 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

The AG did warn the Irish Government on this, warnings dismissed by many posters here.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,828 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

They have had over a year to plan this but as usual, MHQ is put together at the last minute. It's like they don't give a ****e so that it will fail and they will then say I told you that it would not work.

Another bank getting ready to depart Ireland.
    KBC, "the bank of you" is off apoarently.
    Banking sector becoming a bit chaotic.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,524 ✭✭✭Floppybits

skimpydoo wrote: »
    They have had over a year to plan this but as usual, MHQ is put together at the last minute. It's like they don't give a ****e so that it will fail and they will then say I told you that it would not work.

As the saying goes 'fail to Plan, plan to fail'. Planning seems to be a problem for this government and the one before it. Lockdowns are an easy answer for them planning to come out of them and coming up with processes and procedures seems to be beyond their and the civil service capabilities.

• Advertisement

Floppybits wrote: »
    As the saying goes 'fail to Plan, plan to fail'. Planning seems to be a problem for this government and the one before it. Lockdowns are an easy answer for them planning to come out of them and coming up with processes and procedures seems to be beyond their and the civil service capabilities.

Can you point to a country where lockdowns, haven't been the answer?

Advertisement