Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Efes draft beer

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,774 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Never seen it here, sorry. It won't taste as good as it did in Turkey anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,518 ✭✭✭SteM

BeerNut wrote: »

:D
    No, a friend of mine drank it when he lived in London. I just wanted to try to pick some up for him as a surprise. Thanks anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

Gap Wines and The Vineyard in Northern Ireland have it listed on their sites, should be able to get it delivered down?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

CiaranMT wrote: »
    Gap Wines and The Vineyard in Northern Ireland have it listed on their sites, should be able to get it delivered down?

Not legally.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭donaghs

BeerNut wrote: »

I can recall some hipsters in east London drinking it a few years back. Maybe because hipsters moved into the Hackey area, and it had a pre existing Turkish community. Haven’t seen it in Ireland since Carvills on Camden St closed.

In Turkey itself, it looks like Erdogan is doing his best to discourage alcohol drinking. The tax on beer has gone up 365% in the last 10 years.
    https://www.google.ie/amp/s/amp.dw.com/en/turkey-dozens-dead-in-bootleg-alcohol-poisoning/a-55255560

• Advertisement

Dunnes sold it years and years ago. Haven't seen it anywhere in a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,518 ✭✭✭SteM

donaghs wrote: »
    I can recall some hipsters in east London drinking it a few years back. Maybe because hipsters moved into the Hackey area, and it had a pre existing Turkish community. Haven’t seen it in Ireland since Carvills on Camden St closed.

In Turkey itself, it looks like Erdogan is doing his best to discourage alcohol drinking. The tax on beer has gone up 365% in the last 10 years.
    https://www.google.ie/amp/s/amp.dw.com/en/turkey-dozens-dead-in-bootleg-alcohol-poisoning/a-55255560

Oddly enough my mate did live in SE London when he drank it but I would never class him as a hipster :) I think it was because he was drinking around New Cross/Deptford which had a bit of a Turkish community.

Advertisement