Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Annual Leave Query

Options
  • 14-04-2021 4:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Back story.

I work Part-time (PM) on a rolling rota basis. 3 days during the week and 1 day on the weekend. I requested annual leave for 2 bank holiday weekends, 3 days each in April and June. I had given HR and the manager both the request since the beginning of the year.

Comments

You are not entitled to specific days off.

It's annoying I know, but it sounds to me like you have gone way over the top and given them both barrels asking for signed letters and legal grounds for refusal.

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭kathleen37

.... and given them both barrels asking for signed letters and legal grounds for refusal.

This.

Annual leave policy in the last place I worked basically said "Business need". We had a first come first served policy, with the exception of public holidays, where names were put into a hat if agreement couldn't be reached within the team first.

We had a certain number of people of each grade that could be off, give at least a few days notice so work could be covered, and that was that. I was happy to let people book when they wanted, as long as business needs were met.

Had to do that as I had one person that on the day next years leave booking opened, would attempt to book Christmas/Easter etc. It really gave people the hump.

Was always happy to hear people if there were special circumstances. Had one person get married at Christmas for example, so they were also allowed off as an exception (rather than making someone else lose their already booked leave) Give and take.

Advertisement