Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trading

• 14-04-2021 3:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭

Any traders on here that buy sell coins/tokens on a short term basis (daily/weekly)?

I’ve accumulated about 30k worth of btc and 4/5 alt coins (for long term holding) over the last few months and would like to maybe put a separate portfolio aside with more short term gains (hopefully) in mind. Only money I can afford to lose obviously.

Anyone have any basic tips?
    Are there different approaches to trading? Like buying and selling a coin same day making small percentage gains but doing this many times. Or buying a coin with some announcement/ listing / update and hoping it 0.5x/1x/2x within a week or so and keep doing that. The latter would be my preferred option.

Something I heard online was that you can track whales wallets. So you “can follow the smart money”.
    Is this a standard thing in the crypto scene?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 79 ✭✭borderfox11

joeyboy11 wrote: »
    Any traders on here that buy sell coins/tokens on a short term basis (daily/weekly)?

I’ve accumulated about 30k worth of btc and 4/5 alt coins (for long term holding) over the last few months and would like to maybe put a separate portfolio aside with more short term gains (hopefully) in mind. Only money I can afford to lose obviously.

Anyone have any basic tips?
    Are there different approaches to trading? Like buying and selling a coin same day making small percentage gains but doing this many times. Or buying a coin with some announcement/ listing / update and hoping it 0.5x/1x/2x within a week or so and keep doing that. The latter would be my preferred option.

Something I heard online was that you can track whales wallets. So you “can follow the smart money”.
    Is this a standard thing in the crypto scene?

the real money is made by buying and holding for long periods

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭joeyboy11

the real money is made by buying and holding for long periods

I know that’s the safest and easiest which is why more than 99% of funds have gone to that.
    But liquidity to invest will be scarce till July so I want to mess around with about 300 and see if I can grow it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 79 ✭✭borderfox11

joeyboy11 wrote: »
    I know that’s the safest and easiest which is why more than 99% of funds have gone to that.
    But liquidity to invest will be scarce till July so I want to mess around with about 300 and see if I can grow it.

cool just so long as you aware that there is no such thing as a quick buck in trading

things like "tracking whale wallets" if it was that easy then everyone would be doing it ye see

Trading "sounds" easy - just buy low and sell high? In reality it's orders of magnitude more difficult

Advertisement