Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

County Council office closed

Options
  • 13-04-2021 3:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

I just cant believe that they have closed the doors due to covid. What about banks, schools etc... that are open?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

As required by Government, all Council Offices are closed to the public.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

Pulse1975 wrote: »
    I just cant believe that they have closed the doors due to covid. What about banks, schools etc... that are open?

Sure mull it over while you're sitting in the cinema.

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭tamara25

What if a member of the public brought the virus into the building?? All the staff would be infected!!

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭wily minx

They are responding to emails and letters sent by post, promptly as well I found.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,296 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

What do you need to do that can't be done remotely?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭Laviski

What do you need to do that can't be done remotely?

pre covid people commonly go there to hassel the staff despite all the info available online. Many want the forms filled in for them/play dumb, or give grief if something was rejected or asked to pay more (housing dept as example)

certain tasks do require to be in person but in covid times that is done by appointment, very little activity in either buildings with a lot of the staff there work from home as it is.

For the majority everything is online, simply no reason to be in the building.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

That's a bit harsh, we don't know what situation gave rise to the original question.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭Laviski

biko wrote: »
    That's a bit harsh, we don't know what situation gave rise to the original question.

Probably, but I did specify that not everyone is like that. Some genuine issues/cases do go through the doors but there is a lot that shouldn't....

Advertisement