Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bitcoin

Options
  • 10-01-2021 8:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

What are your views on bitcoin. Is it a bubble which is about to bust shortly or could it really hit the 100k mark a coin in late 2021.

I am thinking of putting a few pound into it but im very inexperienced in crypto. Would be just putting it in as something to follow and its money i dont need to rely on,say 1k.

What are peoples views ?am i investing before the bubble bursts or opinions on where it will end ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭Green Mile

No one can predict it.
    I follow this, it might be helpful for you to make a decision.
    https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057969971/505/#post115784730
    If you put in €1k and it doubles in value in 2021, you won’t really make much, not life changing money.
    I bought a few coins when it was €315 but sold at €500. Just no way of predicting it.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Spanishpoint

I think it is a bubble and it will drop soon

• Registered Users Posts: 14 DanT88

I think you should start reading different blogs and suitable literature. I think it's time for you to understand that you can't do without self-education in our life. I think you can start reading at least something about it. Plus keeping money in crypto is safe enough. I personally googled a lot of information myself . I want to tell you that you can even take care of the security of your transactions by using crypto mixer. You know, I for example save for a rainy day and keep that money in crypto. It is very important for me to keep my money anonymous. That's why I use https://bitmix.biz/en , for me it's perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭Unknown Soldier

What are your views on bitcoin. Is it a bubble which is about to bust shortly or could it really hit the 100k mark a coin in late 2021.

I am thinking of putting a few pound into it but im very inexperienced in crypto. Would be just putting it in as something to follow and its money i dont need to rely on,say 1k.

What are peoples views ?am i investing before the bubble bursts or opinions on where it will end ?

It's a strange market. You get Bitcoin, then you get The Lite versions etc.
    But Bitcoin was first.

Same with ETH.

The whole Market is like a Stock market with Companies pitching shares but no real products, or some of a product.

There is a very good chance that the whole market will have a 50%+ "adjustment" but the likes of bitcoin will still be a good investment. Could go 100k+ by 2023

I am only iterating what I was told by someone who has spent 10 years studying crypto, including their own cryptocurrency.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,554 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

This bull is well overcooked, it's the next bear where you should be thinking about, but getting into crypto is the first step on the ladder.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭borderfox11

depends on your outlook, if you're looking to make a quick buck then spin the wheel for sure. If you're getting in for the long haul then buy and hold

• Registered Users Posts: 7,694 ✭✭✭Raoul

depends on your outlook, if you're looking to make a quick buck then spin the wheel for sure. If you're getting in for the long haul then buy and hold

You could also argue if you are in for the long haul, wait for a big dip and then put your money in.

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭joeyboy11

Raoul wrote: »
    You could also argue if you are in for the long haul, wait for a big dip and then put your money in.

The only thing about the big dip is when will it be, from what height and what will it dip to?

Right now you could wait and it could dip to 40ish then you buy and your a genius. Or it rises all the way to say 120 then the dip is to 90 and you’re cursing yourself you didn’t get some now at 60

• Registered Users Posts: 4,233 ✭✭✭Potatoeman

Most people don’t think of where they will store it. On an exchange? It’s not insured. They get hacked it gone, they rob it, it’s gone. Use a hard wallet, lose it or it’s stolen then it’s gone. I wouldn’t recommend anyone put money in it unless they know what they’re doing and have a plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,694 ✭✭✭Raoul

joeyboy11 wrote: »
    The only thing about the big dip is when will it be, from what height and what will it dip to?

Right now you could wait and it could dip to 40ish then you buy and your a genius. Or it rises all the way to say 120 then the dip is to 90 and you’re cursing yourself you didn’t get some now at 60

Haha, yeah I know. It's so tough. Maybe I am a pessimist. I am thinking buy now and it dips to 30k and you are left down 50%.

Essentially, nobody can really advise you :D:D. You need to decide for yourself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Michael_Res1

Personally, I think the bull run will last to the end of the year. The momentum is so huge and is a beast to stop at present. We are still well extended from the 20 week moving average on btcusd. I'd give alts outside eth another major run also once we get some side movement on btc, seems btc is dragging up eth. Gains are not likely to be of the parabolic kind, but a $100k btc and $3k eth are highly likely in my opinion. Plus today we had the added news of the coinbase listing on nasdaq. These guys at coinbase are going to advertise the f**k out of btc with all that capital raised for their centralised extortionate exchange.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭antimatterx

Potatoeman wrote: »
    Most people don’t think of where they will store it. On an exchange? It’s not insured. They get hacked it gone, they rob it, it’s gone. Use a hard wallet, lose it or it’s stolen then it’s gone. I wouldn’t recommend anyone put money in it unless they know what they’re doing and have a plan.

If you keep your wallet seed, you can restore a lost or stolen hard wallet onto a fresh wallet

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭joeyboy11

Raoul wrote: »
    Haha, yeah I know. It's so tough. Maybe I am a pessimist. I am thinking buy now and it dips to 30k and you are left down 50%.

Essentially, nobody can really advise you :D:D. You need to decide for yourself.

Personally I think it will go to 500k or a mill in the next 5/10 years so if you have conviction on that it’s easy just to buy and forget about it and ignore the dips.

So obviously it needs to be done with money you don’t need for a long time and that you are willing to lose because who knows what will happen.

Advertisement