Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Upcoming DC Extended Universe (DCEU) Movies

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,100 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Ava DuVernay's 'New Gods,' James Wan's 'The Trench' DC Movies Not Moving Forward at Warner Bros

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/ava-duvernays-new-gods-james-wans-the-trench-dc-movies-not-moving-forward-at-warner-bros

• Registered Users Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭ThePott

Ava DuVernay's 'New Gods,' James Wan's 'The Trench' DC Movies Not Moving Forward at Warner Bros
    https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/ava-duvernays-new-gods-james-wans-the-trench-dc-movies-not-moving-forward-at-warner-bros
    Not too surprising and a good sign to be honest. WB's DC slate needs a clean up. Sounds like some other stuff got scrubbed too.

Also they attached a different trailer for Suicide Squad to Godzilla Vs Kong in America and a leaked version was going around so now an official version has been released. Think it's actually better than the first trailer tbh, it's very different.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,253 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

A good starting point but it's not enough.

I think regardless of what side of the fence you fall on, it's not good to continue on with this broken continuity DC have found themselves in.

The multiverse idea sounded good at first but now I think it's become a hindrance, and even a cynical move. For example, I don't want to see Gadot and Momoa continue on in their roles while Pattinson takes on Batman.

I think it would be wise to just come out and say the DCEU is winding down and no further films will be green lit than the ones currently in development. Then let The Batman serve as a circuit breaker and beginning of an actual real focus on solo projects. It could end up uniting the fan base again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,875 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Shazam! Fury of the Gods

Helen Mirren & Lucy Liu join the cast.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,187 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

A very small part of me is hoping Jeffrey Dean Morgan reprises his role of Thomas Wayne if The Flash movie does actually use Flashpoint material it's a long shot but it would be the best thing ever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,474 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Jeffrey Dean Morgan and Batista both interested in playing Lobo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,526 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

Superman is reported to have another cameo appearance this time in Black Adam.

Will it be a Shazam type cameo or an actual proper cameo.

Any source for this?
    Been hearing people shipping this years but never anything solid on it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Well.. Warner Bros wouldn't have a Black Adam if they didn't let it be a proper cameo. Same representation.

They have the same agent but I'd be careful if I was Cavill before accepting a cameo in BA. Rock obviously wants a massive fight where BA comes out on top and who better than it to be against Superman, but what does it actually do for Cavill?

Then again if he's happy to get paid and it puts an exclamation point on his portrayal, maybe he won't care.

The Rock isn't going to walk away if he doesn't get a cameo from Cavill. He knows how to play the game, filming is already underway. I don't see the reason for including Superman if they have no plans for him and are looking elsewhere for Superman. People are being a bit naive here I think.

I'm not saying there won't be a cameo but assuming the fact that they have the same representation makes this a slam dunk at all is dumb. They produced Shazam (Dany and The Rock) and it didn't make a damn bit of difference when it came to a Cavill cameo. They're not going to sink a partnership for their production company or something as potentially lucrative as a superhero franchise for one actor they represent.

ThePott wrote: »
    The Rock isn't going to walk away if he doesn't get a cameo from Cavill. He knows how to play the game, filming is already underway. I don't see the reason for including Superman if they have no plans for him and are looking elsewhere for Superman. People are being a bit naive here I think.

I'm not saying there won't be a cameo but assuming the fact that they have the same representation makes this a slam dunk at all is dumb. They produced Shazam (Dany and The Rock) and it didn't make a damn bit of difference when it came to a Cavill cameo. They're not going to sink a partnership for their production company or something as potentially lucrative as a superhero franchise for one actor they represent.
    Who said Rock would walk away or sink a partnership over it. :confused:

I'm saying Cavill should be careful before agreeing to anything because Rock is primarily out for himself and has his own personal motives for wanting Superman in the film, motives that wouldn't have Cavill's interests at heart.

Rock obviously just wants Superman in it so Black Adam can beat the sh1t out of him.

Who said Rock would walk away or sink a partnership over it. :confused:
    See below, Wasn't talking to you Wolf. I actually agree heard this about the Fast films and I get the feeling they'd only put Superman in to make a bigger deal out of Black Adam which would be a disservice to the character.
    Slydice wrote: »
    Well.. Warner Bros wouldn't have a Black Adam if they didn't let it be a proper cameo. Same representation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Yep, I think if there's a Superman cameo, it would be Cavill and we'd see his face. I don't think they'd go the Shazam! way.

Bad Boys for Life directors Adil El Arbi and Bilall Fallah will direct Batgirl.

Sounds to me like the HBO Max movie slate will be Hourman, Batgirl, Blue Beetle and Zatanna.

• Advertisement

Hmmmm.....seems a bit cynical given Cavill's Superman draws comparisons to Injustice.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Hmmmm.....seems a bit cynical given Cavill's Superman draws comparisons to Injustice.

It's just an animated movie. They draw on all kinds of stuff.

They're all knock offs of Kingdom Come really, and you could draw that line back to Watchmen, maybe Squadron Supreme...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,187 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Batman vs Superman False God and Superman Soliders definitely gave off an Injustice feel to me and I've said in the past Lois is the key definitely straight from Injustice comics.

It would be a great big screen film arc if done right and the animation could span multiple films too given the comic lasted several years and incorporated several dc and justice league heroes and villains.

WB have a very weird strategy for the latest Suicide Squad trailer, they first tried running it as an ad before Youtube videos but then started copyright striking anyone who reposted it, now they've uploaded it unlisted on Youtube, which I've linked here.

Really looking forward to this one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,281 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Batgirl casting under way

Looks like they're not fussed about making her a redhead anyway.

And not sure if it will tie into The Batman but if it is tying into another film, hope they remember her father is in those films. Like I think Jeffrey Wright is playing Gordon in The Batman

WB Says Michael Keaton Is Returning For Another DCEU Movie After The Flash

Michael Keaton has joined the cast of the upcoming DC Comics movie Batgirl

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,526 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

Michael Shannon, who played General Zod in MoS, is now included in the provisional cast list for The Flash with Ezra Miller & Michael Keaton.

Advertisement