Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Merc EClass 2005 AMG

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭kermitpwee

FrankC21 wrote: »
    Mate at work selling me his merc e200 needs new battery and front shock

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/supercharged-mercedes-1-8-petrol/27303889

What you guys think? Just want a weekend car to drive that's to work.
    Would you not be better to ask him, he owns it and is your mate so he will tell you what you need to know.

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Doublebusy

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/mercedes-e200/27741963

nicer examples imo. Your mates one has daft front wing vents and the badges/stickers on the boot do it no favours. Would it be worth €2.2k even with an nct

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭kil

Have to agree with the above. Its literally a checklist of reasons not to buy a car:

No NCT
    Filthy Povery Spec Interior
    Irrelevant Badges and Vents (is that a V8 badge on the back?)
    Spurious Alloys Washed but caked in brake dust
    Front Towing Eye Cover missing
    8 Previous Owners

Its also a manual which is less desirable. You'll also have to replace both shocks rather than just one.

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭FrankC21

I was just thinking that it's a bargain, his actually selling it to me for €500 he want to free up space cause he got lots of other vintage cars. Problem is that we do not have space we already have 3 cars and we have a 2-car driveway, I was just really going with what I feel which is a bargain, that is why I had to post it in here for advice, thanks anyway appreciate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,363 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Jesus, manual with cloth.

€500 is what it’s worth. You wouldn’t be getting a bargain or anything.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭FrankC21

Just wondering, what's wrong if it's a manual?

• Registered Users Posts: 80,798 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn

It's like buying a TV with no remote because you like getting up to change the channels.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Wolftown

I've a similar one but with leather and without the tat for over 5 years now. Reliable and really comfortable.

The ad/price is comical though, it's not worth anywhere near that price as others have mentioned.

If you like those cars buy a nicer example would be my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

Moving up in the world frank, you found the worst possible example of a micra or something last month and still bought it as far as I know, now you've found the worst example of a merc.

I like that era E Class but if that car was a person I'd smother it in it's sleep to be kind

All the AMG stuff is alibaba or ebay or something

Executive mercs with manual are frowned upon, mainly because traditionally Mercs had a dash mounted handbrake setup, which made hill starts difficult unless you had 3 hands.

Auto with leather is the only way to spec a Merc.

Buddy Bubs wrote: »
    Moving up in the world frank, you found the worst possible example of a micra or something last month and still bought it as far as I know, now you've found the worst example of a merc.

I like that era E Class but if that car was a person I'd smother it in it's sleep to be kind

All the AMG stuff is alibaba or ebay or something

He ended up getting a Honda Jizz instead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

colm_mcm wrote: »

Theres jizz on the driver seat of the merc too

• Registered Users Posts: 51,060 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Your friend should be paying you €500 to take that off his hands to be honest. Even outside of it being a manual and having cloth seats, it looks rough as a bear's arse. It's not an AMG either or even an AMG Line. Someone just stuck a AMG badge on the boot and fake vents on the wings.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭KevRossi

Executive mercs with manual are frowned upon, mainly because traditionally Mercs had a dash mounted handbrake setup, which made hill starts difficult unless you had 3 hands.

No difference between using a 'normal' handbrake between seats and one on the dash. Almost every manual car ever built had that set up (or before electric brakes anyway).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,600 ✭✭✭User1998

You have to use your right arm to pull the Mercedes hand break whereas its your left arm with a normal hand break so there would be a point where you’d have no hands on the steering wheel

KevRossi wrote: »
    No difference between using a 'normal' handbrake between seats and one on the dash. Almost every manual car ever built had that set up (or before electric brakes anyway).

Except the handbrake is on the right hand side.

It’s not impossible, just much more inconvenient

A pedal handbrake is a balls on a manual too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,175 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

He got a new car? All that build up and I missed it :(

DaveyDave wrote: »
    He got a new car? All that build up and I missed it :(

It came very quickly.

Advertisement