Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Casual/Pay&Play courses Northern Ireland?

Options
  • 11-04-2021 9:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭

Anyone know of any memberless/casual golf courses that can be booked/played for visitors for next weekend?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭thewobbler

11521323 wrote: »
    Anyone know of any memberless/casual golf courses that can be booked/played for visitors for next weekend?

If you’re looking for a Saturday or Sunday morning slot, I wish you good luck!

In normal times it’s really not difficult to get a tee time anywhere on a Sunday afternoon in the six. But I’d expect that any club adhering to the letter of the law would have little rooms at present.

As for Saturday afternoon, I’ve found these clubs tend to get through their smaller memberships quickly that morning and would have tees from lunchtime: Down Royal, Hilton Templepatrick, Lough Erne

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Finlay Harp

thewobbler wrote: »
    If you’re looking for a Saturday or Sunday morning slot, I wish you good luck!

In normal times it’s really not difficult to get a tee time anywhere on a Sunday afternoon in the six. But I’d expect that any club adhering to the letter of the law would have little rooms at present.

As for Saturday afternoon, I’ve found these clubs tend to get through their smaller memberships quickly that morning and would have tees from lunchtime: Down Royal, Hilton Templepatrick, Lough Erne

The clubs listed above are private members clubs. Under the current restrictions you can’t play a course here that’s privately run unless you’re a member. I can’t play a neighbouring course currently even with one of their members.
    What you need is council run courses that don’t have members.

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭11521323

The clubs listed above are private members clubs. Under the current restrictions you can’t play a course here that’s privately run unless you’re a member. I can’t play a neighbouring course currently even with one of their members.
    What you need is council run courses that don’t have members.

That's what I meant, I know in Dublin/Meath for example there are a few memberless courses.

But I thought visitors were allowed in NI from today?

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Finlay Harp

11521323 wrote: »
    That's what I meant, I know in Dublin/Meath for example there are a few memberless courses.

But I thought visitors were allowed in NI from today?

No visitors yet. May change on the 26th.

Advertisement