Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coinbase to etoro

Options
  • 11-04-2021 11:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭

Hi folks.

2 weeks ago cashed out of coinbase and restarted in etoro. Bought in a the minimum level for one copy portfolio and spread the rest over a range of crypto. With the copy portfolio I know your don't own the coins, any other downside to this. Anything else to watch about etoro?

With the straight coin purchase I own them right?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭CutWeldDrive

etoro is a brokerage company, you never own anything..

You will also be dealing with them halting trading when ever it suits them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭siochain

would Degiro be a better option or is own wallet the only option?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭siochain

OK I guess Degiro is the same what's the best app\portal to actually own the purchase

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭CutWeldDrive

buy on exchange and transfer to hard wallet.

exchanges lie coinbase, binance, kraken etc. you all what you buy.
    then transfer off exchange to hard wallet or trade on exchange

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭Probes

etoro is a brokerage company, you never own anything..

You will also be dealing with them halting trading when ever it suits them.

You can own crypto you buy on there, it tells you when you are buying the actual coin. You can transfer them out to the wallet but you must be buying in suitable sizes, I think in Bitcoin you need to buy in 0.008 chunks, which is actually quite a lot now.

I like eToro, they had a wobble a wee while back but they seem to have sorted their stability issues now. It's a great platform to get started I think, but I don't buy too much crypto on it, mainly copy people.

• Advertisement
Advertisement