Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

192 sv Leaf vs 181 connecta

Options
  • 08-04-2021 6:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 44

Hello wise people of the EV world!

Which in yer opinion is a better buy. A 192 sv leaf or 181 connecta?

Sv has 10000km and connecta has 16000km.

The sv is also 500 quid cheaper!

The connecta is a nicer colour and has all the trim etc...

My main question I suppose - is the newer and slightly ulglier car a better buy from a warranty/battery health POV while losing out on all the bells and whistles?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭optimal

Hello wise people of the EV world!

Which in yer opinion is a better buy. A 192 sv leaf or 181 connecta?

Sv has 10000km and connecta has 16000km.

The sv is also 500 quid cheaper!

The connecta is a nicer colour and has all the trim etc...

My main question I suppose - is the newer and slightly ulglier car a better buy from a warranty/battery health POV while losing out on all the bells and whistles?

I would have to have the bells and whistles, makes life a lot easier. I've got a new SVE and it's a fantastic car. Have you looked at the cost brand new vs the second hand one?

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭Gile_na_gile

There is not much between the Irish SV and the UK N-Connecta in specs. Latter has parking sensors, part-leather seats, and folding mirrors - none of these are essential. The best tech for the LEAF is the LED headlights and cold pack which are options on SV premium or on the SVE. I'd go for the 192 SV or raise the budget to a 191 SVE. There are loads of 40kWh LEAFs for sale at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Laszlo Cravensworth

Thanks for the opinions folks.

I ended up getting an even better deal on the 192 sv than I expected so I went with it! They gave me a phenomenal trade in price for my own/discount on the 192 sv.

Absolutely chuffed now!

So ended up picking the 192 leaf and am delighted with it.

Picked it up Saturday, all was going brilliantly and then this morning some lad drove out of his driveway without looking as I was driving past and he lightly banged into my front driver side wing, scraping the entire driverside as my car moved past him. Only damaged his number plate in the process but destroyed my leaf.

I stopped immediately but my car had been scraped all along the driver side from front to back at that stage. Both alloys scuffed also. Got it all on dashcam and the guy has agreed to pay to get it fixed but am devastated nonetheless 😟

Getting a quote tomorrow from a Nissan dealership. I'm just hoping the damage is purely cosmetic and easily fixed. Bumper, Front wing, both doors and back wheel arch panel all scratched/damaged so it will probably be an eye watering price to fix.

It really takes the shine and excitement off the new purchase.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

So ended up picking the 192 leaf and am delighted with it.

Picked it up Saturday, all was going brilliantly and then this morning some lad drove out of his driveway without looking as I was driving past and he lightly banged into my front driver side wing, scraping the entire driverside as my car moved past him. Only damaged his number plate in the process but destroyed my leaf.

I stopped immediately but my car had been scraped all along the driver side from front to back at that stage. Both alloys scuffed also. Got it all on dashcam and the guy has agreed to pay to get it fixed but am devastated nonetheless 😟

Getting a quote tomorrow from a Nissan dealership. I'm just hoping the damage is purely cosmetic and easily fixed. Bumper, Front wing, both doors and back wheel arch panel all scratched/damaged so it will probably be an eye watering price to fix.

It really takes the shine and excitement off the new purchase.

Ah Jaysis, sorry to hear that Laszlo. Nissan will just contract the work out. Where are you based? If in Cork I know a good place, fully registered for insurance etc (and probably where Nissan would send it anyway).

Five panels would be at least a grand I'd say anyway, probably more.

• Advertisement

Ah Jaysis, sorry to hear that Laszlo. Nissan will just contract the work out. Where are you based? If in Cork I know a good place, fully registered for insurance etc (and probably where Nissan would send it anyway).

Five panels would be at least a grand I'd say anyway, probably more.

Based in Dublin, but thanks anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Stealthirl

If its any help i recommend Soraghan Autocare in Castleknock http://www.soraghanautocare.com

Have had them do a fair bit of work over the years.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,438 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Nissan will
    Send it out to a third party like ace Autobody and then charger their “fee” on top.

Of the guy is paying out of his own pocket, cut Nissan out and go straight to the repair centre to help him out. Assuming he’s not being a d1ck about it.

Advertisement