Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First Dates Ireland *read first post*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭Still Ill

The red head girl was just plain rude when she roared across the restaurant to her friend 'THE LARGEST GIN THERE IS' or whatever it was. The four of them were just a coven of head wreckers dressed awfully. He still should've paid his half and legged it out of there though!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

Still Ill wrote: »
    The red head girl was just plain rude when she roared across the restaurant to her friend 'THE LARGEST GIN THERE IS' or whatever it was. The four of them were just a coven of head wreckers dressed awfully. He still should've paid his half and legged it out of there though!

I agree, there was something off about her. So many times when her date was in the middle of saying something completely normal she shook her head and put it in her hands as if she couldn't believe what he was saying....people like that are usually the ones without any life experience outside of their own little bubble

• Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭TheDavester

For what its worth, the nerdy fella set up a twitter account in the last day and claimed the edits did her a bit dirty

• Registered Users Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

For what its worth, the nerdy fella set up a twitter account in the last day and claimed the edits did her a bit dirty

Ah that was nice of him.

He was rather bewildered throughout the date, he didn't know she had an entourage with her.

I honestly think he was too in the "wtf is happening" zone to even offer to pay half.....tbh he kinda deserved a free meal.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,352 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Ah that was nice of him.

He was rather bewildered throughout the date, he didn't know she had an entourage with her.

I honestly think he was too in the "wtf is happening" zone to even offer to pay half.....tbh he kinda deserved a free meal.

Is the meal not subsidised no matter who pays?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭The Inbetween is mine

Is the meal not subsidised no matter who pays?

There's a voucher for €30 I believe

• Registered Users Posts: 40,352 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

There's a voucher for €30 I believe

wow, the producers really are a generous bunch.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

wow, the producers really are a generous bunch.

It’s the right call. Leaving who pays in leads to dramatic/awkward situations and talking points for here, the fact we’re having this conversation alone is proof that it works. Plus if there’s any kinda cash incentive whatsoever it’ll mean the show will start to attract the kind of people everyone on here doesn’t like instead of people who actually just want to meet someone (it already is starting to attract people who think they’ll be famous tbh despite the fact that not a single person has gotten a career in showbiz out of being on it thus far).

• Registered Users Posts: 12,031 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Can you post his profile

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Very possible: they can stitch you right up in post-production.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,396 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Still Ill wrote: »
    I don't disagree the big dresses like a duvet...huh?!? Awful...but....he was kind of painful as well tbh. At least she paid and went first after.

Some posters on here will be delighted this week...no gay dates...what a relief for them!

Some posters on here will be delighted this week...no gay dates...what a relief for them![/QUOTE]

Seriously?? It IS 2021, maybe you'd be happier with more 60s tv??
    What difference does a daters serial orientation make?? Should ageism, ethicnictcancy & any special needs be a bar to dating too?? People are people.....it wouldn't be much of a show if you discriminate against certain groups based on your narrow minded criteria

Some posters on here will be delighted this week...no gay dates...what a relief for them!

What difference does a daters serial orientation make?? Should ageism, ethicnictcancy & any special needs be a bar to dating too?? People are people.....it wouldn't be much of a show if you discriminate against certain groups based on your narrow minded criteria

I don't think he was serious.

Every week posters give out about the "over representation" of the gay community on the show (not my personal view)

I don't think he was serious.

Every week posters give out about the "over representation" of the gay community on the show (not my personal view)
    Yep poster is really barking up the wrong tree.....

You need to re-read my post.
    I am gay myself....lol

gmisk wrote: »
    You need to re-read my post.
    I am gay myself....lol

I did know that, but not my business to share :)

I did know that, but not my business to share :)

https://images.app.goo.gl/ZQQoGaNU5EpCu9zR7

Just kidding lol

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭BingCrosbee

I thought all of the daters were very nice this week. The 2 parents should have stayed at home though, they were a pain in the throllocks.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,649 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

If I want to watch First Dates through the eyes of someone else, I'll watch Gogglebox. The two mothers were f'n irritating. The show was essentially about the four of them and whilst I had no problem with the two girls (albeit one seemed a bit weirdly uninterested), the mothers and the way they went on was just awful.

Bad production, there are better stories to tell than what their mothers acting like two bell-ends taking pictures and cackling like hyenas.

Barbara looking good/ hot at 57

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,169 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

She is genuinely the finest 57 year old woman I have ever seen on telly

Jesus, that pontificating guru of knowledge barman does my head in

• Registered Users Posts: 18,592 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

She is genuinely the finest 57 year old woman I have ever seen on telly

Absolutely fabulous looking, and so natural.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,242 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

There is a gay couple tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭jmlad2020

SCOOP 64 wrote: »
    There is a gay couple tonight

Up the gays

• Registered Users Posts: 6,013 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

Why is that girl walking as if she’s about to fly?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,242 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

is the first drink at the bar on the house?

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭jmlad2020

Played more times than a fiddle this one. And banged more times than a front door too.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

this one just does not stop talking

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,132 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    this one just does not stop talking

Interupting more like.

To thine own self be true

Advertisement