Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Temperature stats in each room?

Options
  • 05-04-2021 11:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭

Are temperature stats needed in each bed room or is it sufficient to have them all on the one zone?

If each room is on a separate stat, are there any downsides and will the system actually be able to have varying temperatures in rooms that are side by side? If one room is set at say 17 degrees and the room next to it is set at 23 degrees, will the heat not naturally flow from the colder area to the warmer area.

Any feedback appreciated, currently evaluating our systems and how many stats to install.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭VANG1

Go for one in each room, people have different preferences and if someone is away you can turn down the heat in unused rooms.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,193 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

Frozen Veg wrote: »
    Are temperature stats needed in each bed room or is it sufficient to have them all on the one zone?

If each room is on a separate stat, are there any downsides and will the system actually be able to have varying temperatures in rooms that are side by side? If one room is set at say 17 degrees and the room next to it is set at 23 degrees, will the heat not naturally flow from the colder area to the warmer area.

Any feedback appreciated, currently evaluating our systems and how many stats to install.
    Probably what not what you meant.
    Go wireless stats in each room, controllable from the phone/computer

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭tedimc

The feedback I got from my installer was that this was not the best route for certain heatpumps and that having a system even split into multiple small zones is inefficient and causes excessive wear and tear on the compressor.

By all means measure and analyze the individual room temperatures, but be very careful about your system compatibility with many zones.

My mothers house has oil UFH and we cranked all the zones up to full and control the time and temp at the boiler now. Individual zones calling for heat intermittently was not allowing the boiler time to effectively condense.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭Yellow_Fern

Frozen Veg wrote: »

Get as many zones as your heating system permits It is especially good to have them in bedrooms and bathrooms.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,193 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

tedimc wrote: »
    The feedback I got from my installer was that this was not the best route for certain heatpumps and that having a system even split into multiple small zones is inefficient and causes excessive wear and tear on the compressor.

By all means measure and analyze the individual room temperatures, but be very careful about your system compatibility with many zones.

My mothers house has oil UFH and we cranked all the zones up to full and control the time and temp at the boiler now. Individual zones calling for heat intermittently was not allowing the boiler time to effectively condense.
    What are the flow and return temps at the boiler?

What are the UFH flow and return temp settings?

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Advertisement
Advertisement