Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Service Fee Free Trading Platform

• 19-02-2021 6:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭

Hi,

I’m looking for some advice. I have shares in a few companies that I plan to keep long term.
    I would be a very infrequent trader – I have not traded any shares in over 2 years now!
    I used to use TDDirect Investing for several years. There were no account service fees with TDDirect, just fees to make trades. Now TDDirect have been bought by Interactive Investor and there are monthly service fees - £13.98 (GBP).

Are there any platforms that don’t have service fees?
    i.e. they just hold my shares, with no changes (unless i way to make trades)? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭P_Cash

I would be interested in this also.
    I'm in same boat, TD was perfect for what I used it for, buying and holding,

Degiro seems the only viable option, but concerned about placing money with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭P_Cash

from what I can see Degiro does not have a month/yearly admin/maintenance fee. I am open to correction.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

P_Cash wrote: »
    I would be interested in this also.
    I'm in same boat, TD was perfect for what I used it for, buying and holding,

Degiro seems the only viable option, but concerned about placing money with them.

What would your concerns be? I am not sure if they are still closed to new customers but they are a very good platform for your situation, very easy to use as well. US trades are about 0.50c a trade so if you are an infrequent trader you will not be spending much on fees as there are no service fees I have heard of that will wrack up in the background. Whilst they would not be good for someone that wanted to do more advanced trading like options, day trades, charting etc, for the casual it is perfectly fine.

Trading 212 is another similar broker but again I am not sure if they are still adding new clients.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭dotsman

Degiro has no service fees and is brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,833 ✭✭✭daheff

I concur. DeGiro definitely better & cheaper.

I was with td/ii and left due to the ever increasing fees.

If you have a number of stocks to dispose of before closing the account upgrade to one of the highest plans for that month as you get cheaper transaction fees & (I think) 1 free transaction.

• Advertisement
Advertisement