Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Baked anything tasty lately?

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,922 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

Not me, but my son knocked out a few of the above just now. He's studying in Cathal Bruagh Street.

Probably the nicest thing I have ever eaten to be honest.....and it killed me to tell him that! :D:D:D

MGXHYJ4l.jpg

zFvYIgWl.jpg

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭conor_ie

Nutella Brioche

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,579 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

conor_ie wrote: »
    Nutella Brioche

Wow! Looks delicious. Recipe please?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

Wow! Looks delicious. Recipe please?

Seconded! That looks fab!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭conor_ie

https://www.joshuaweissman.com/post/chocolate-babka-chocolate-brioche-bread

It was easy enough to make, the only difference was I used Nutella instead of the chocolate paste listed in the recipe.

The nutella was a little tough to spread so I might use a melted butter/chocolate combo next time I make it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭RuckingSwimmer

Coffee & Walnut cupcakes for the OH's birthday - couldn't resist one for breakfast earlier 😋

• Registered Users Posts: 3,295 ✭✭✭phormium

A fine breakfast!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,245 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Lemon Meringue Pie - it’s only just out of the oven! It’s for tomorrow though so won’t be cutting into it till then...hope it’s ok inside!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,245 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

uiolfg wrote: »
    I must definitely try!

It was nice, but if I'm honest a bit too sweet....not sure I'd use that recipe again! There's a whole lot of it left now so think I'll be offloading it on a few people :pac:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 496 Mod ✭✭✭✭TheKBizzle

Finally after 4 attempts to make my lemon drizzle traybake recipe vegan this one turned out just right.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,409 Mod ✭✭✭✭woodchuck

You can't beat a good scone!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

TheKBizzle wrote: »
    Finally after 4 attempts to make my lemon drizzle traybake recipe vegan this one turned out just right.

Have you got the recipe for us? :D

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

woodchuck wrote: »
    You can't beat a good scone!

Those are shop bought, Woodie, they're too perfect - you can't fool us! :pac:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,409 Mod ✭✭✭✭woodchuck

New Home wrote: »
    Those are shop bought, Woodie, they're too perfect - you can't fool us! :pac:

Note the dud at the back right :P There's always one at least... don't like wasting any dough, so I end up pretty much moulding the last one by hand!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭pigtail33

For the day that's in it... One a penny, two a penny, Hot Cross Buns!
    549041.jpg

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,579 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

Made dinner for my in laws for their anniversary and dropped it round.

Goats cheese and griddled pear salad with walnuts
    Lamb and red wine stew with creamy mash
    Lemon posset and home made shortbread

Shortbread pic attached!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,208 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

A Guinness treacle pecan bread,layer of pecans on base and chopped pecans mixed in.. I've made many times but first time using treacle,I normally use maple syrup.. and I use silicone moulds in the nutri ninja air cooker.. this one tasted the best I ever made.

Sorry,image is wonky

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,922 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

.......whatever they are.....

incl. Figs and Dates with crushed Pistachio and Almonds on top....

HiFyZEjl.jpg

aHSTgvzl.jpg

GUULXUHl.jpg

mwk4HfMl.jpg

....kettle on

• Registered Users Posts: 9 gmt012

Creme egg brownies for the weekend that's in it. Happy Easter everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Mrs G! made a Black Forest Gateau. I’m sick of chocolate already (I’ve only had half an egg) but I think I can make a good dent in this baby. :)

7-F351-A09-87-BA-4-CC9-AC0-F-EFC67-F22-FC70.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭sporina

pigtail33 wrote: »
    For the day that's in it... One a penny, two a penny, Hot Cross Buns!

they look award winning!!! take a bow

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,108 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I haven't been baking much but I have a nice big wheaten loaf just out of the oven for today's lunch.

20210405-120254.jpg

On Saturday our lovely neighbour baked us a cozonac, a Romanian panettone. She put dried fruit and tiny pieces of Turkish Delight into it - it was absolutely delicious. I should have taken a photo but we just scoffed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,152 ✭✭✭limnam

On Saturday our lovely neighbour baked us a cozonac, a Romanian panettone. She put dried fruit and tiny pieces of Turkish Delight into it - it was absolutely delicious. I should have taken a photo but we just scoffed it.

panettone and turkish delight *drool*

Any chance to get the recipe ?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,108 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I wouldn't want to out her on the spot in case it's a family recipe. There are lots of recipes online :)

Few scones this morning...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Whenever I see pics of scones on here, I suddenly become a Bake Off judge. Looking for uniformity of size and colour, I have to leave the texture and taste to my imagination. TheKBizzle you've passed! (And so do you Woodchuck!) :D;)

Second attempt at frying cannoli this morning yielded better results...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,681 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

EyYF-g9WYAEn8wS?format=jpg&name=small

Made more gougeres. Used the big scoop cause I wasn't paying attention...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭reap-a-rat

Woodchuck, TheKBizzle and anyone else who does scones - any tips for a good rise? Mine taste lovely, bit they are always a bit flat. I actually don't mind that but it annoys me that while they taste good, they don't look sconey enough.

I always wonder what it is I'm doing wrong and one thing is maybe I'm not rolling it thick enough - how high is the rolled dough for you guys before you cut?

• Advertisement

I usually add 2 level teaspoons of baking powder to the self raising flour in mine and cut about an inch thick. Never had a problem with them rising but there is always one that seems to go wonky

Advertisement